Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4th front wheel bearing I've had to replace now

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello! I'm so sorry for that cliff hanger. I don't get notified if there's any activity on my posts/profile unless I login. I'll have to check my profile settings.

To update you on the wheel bearing issue, after the 4th one being replaced I've had no issues since then. Thankfully everything seems to be stable and I don't hear or notice any weird noises/vibrations. My Mirage is now over the 100k mile mark and she's been chugging along with confidence and honestly I couldn't be happier.

Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nwr251 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-17-2023),MetroMPG (01-18-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Strange how some people have certain problems. Not wheel bearings, but I myself have to do constant realignments. Never before have I done so many alignments yet no one else seems to have this problem either. This thing comes out of alignment from the slightest bump or pothole. I have never had a vehicle need alignments so much. I paid like $150 one time at the dealer and the thing was out of alignment the next day. Now I just live with good enough lifetime alignments at pepboys when it needs it.
    My problem is my car is a rock magnet. It matters not where I travel on the hiway, fast lane, far right lane, nor does it matter how close or far back I follow the traffic. Always, ALWAYS when on the hiway more than 30 mins. I'll hear the telltale report of a rock slamming my window. It has cracks in it I've never seen the likes of, but I'm sure they are from rock strikes. /rant over
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by nwr251 View Post
    Hello! I'm so sorry for that cliff hanger. I don't get notified if there's any activity on my posts/profile unless I login. I'll have to check my profile settings.
    Note to everyone: check your spam folder.

By default, email notifications of thread updates probably go there.

You may have to "train" your email program/provider by indicating that the notifications are "not spam" (usually by clicking a button or link beside the message headers).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

nwr251 - glad to hear the problem is finally gone & things are good.

Thanks for coming back to update us!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)