Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sawyer Tuning ST8PRO OBD Performance Chip

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosMRG View Post
    But we need to believe the one you like or support or you'll try to kick people out of the Forum?
    This forum doesn't work that way. We like to hear another point of view so long as it's respectful.

PS: Well, mostly. Busting each other's chops is allowed once we get a chance to know each other a bit.

Last edited by Eggman; 09-06-2018 at 10:53 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

CarlosMRG (09-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey CarlosMRG I hope you can take the time to better detail your experience with the ST8PRO performance chip. Tell us how you found out about it, how you got your hands on one, how you installed (or tried to install) it - you get the idea.

I think we have some forum members here with experience that might be able to get things straightened out for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, have you installed this chip in your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosMRG View Post
    With all respect from you Qrush and Loren senior members, would be nice if you can post a picture of your performance chips plugged in your vehicle to see how the Chip looks like
    I was of a same mind. How about showing your pic with it installed? How about a receipt of purchase? You should also have a tracking number for your return? Even better, where is your correspondence with Sawyer Tuning. How long did you wait till trying to return the item? How did you install it? Did you follow the instructions closely?

We have all been asking you a lot of simple questions, and you just ignore them. I believe I have said what I wanted to say on the matter. You seem to think I OWE you some sort of explanation why I could dare purchase this item. I DO NOT. If you truly did purchase this item, and it did not work for you...that is regrettable. However, I do not work for Sawyer Tuning. I am not here to speak for them. I am a consumer of the product, no more. If you want a solution, start your own thread (which we have requested you do, many times) and get Sawyer Tuning involved through e-mail/facebook/etc., and air your dirty laundry there. I gave my assessment on how the ST8PRO worked for me, and I stand by it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Actually I do:
    Name:  20180907_123433.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  93.1 KB

Wheres yours?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That picture was an hour ago, with it plugged in and the engine off. I did not take the pic to illustrate the lights, just that it was there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just had to register in order to join in the fun.
    "Carlos" does seem to be shady - he posted here defending a fake clone review site that ONLY gives good ratings to the JDM and GTE chips made by the same company that makes the HID light kits ... seems 'carlos' is nothing but an upset competitor. Why else would anyone care so much? We get it!

https://www.sitejabber.com/faq/carhi...eir-products-1

Need more proof?
    Type in carperformancechipreviews.com into dnslytics.com/reverse-ip
    Attached is the result - the same people running the carperformancechipreviews site own carhidkits.com and motorcycleheadlights.com. If we look at the whois info for these sites, we see the registrant is the same as the JDM and GTE scam chips. I personally can understand if a site is hosted with the same hosting company, but when the ip addresses are exactly the same? Carlos, why did you post that the site does not push HID lights? they do!Name:  carperformancechipreviews scam sites.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  67.5 KB
    Last edited by randysmirage43; 09-17-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smoking Gun

Check this out - numerous complaints by real people about JDM and GTE (same company):

https://www.scambook.com/company/vie...rmancechip.com

Note the email address and physical address listed:

canzamansultan@hotmail.com

It is the same as the one present in my last post.
    It is also the same as the whois data for jdmperformancechip.com:

Registrant Name: suleiman hamed
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: 240 spring st Unite 509
    Registrant City: st paul
    Registrant State/Province: Minnesota
    Registrant Postal Code: 55102
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: (612) 845-4226
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: canzamansultan@hotmail.com

Conclusion:
    ------------

The fake review site carperformancechipreviews.com is run by the manufacturer of GTE and JDM scam chips - this is why they are the only two recommended highly. They offer no real-world proof, just their word. Carlos is also associated with them - either an owner or a paid pusher to slam any review site that takes their junk products to task. As for performancechipreviews.com and sawyertuning - i can see how it may look shady being that they both have the same webhost. However, the ip addresses are not the same. It is possible they chose the same host. Performancechipreviews.com has several HUNDRED other sites hosted on the same ip. Does this mean they are associated with all 400? I think not. Carperformancechipreviews.com on the other hand only has 3-4 other domains in the same ip, and all are tied directly to GTE / JDM.

Either way, I know one thing for sure - JDM / GTE are the same people running the copycat site.

Have I tried either of these products? No, but I have been doing research before making a decision and came across this thread. I had to submit this info as I clearly see what is going on here.
    Last edited by randysmirage43; 09-17-2018 at 01:32 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to randysmirage43 For This Useful Post:

Qrush (09-17-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Who knew that the aftermarket chip world was so complicated? Thankfully 74HP is more than adequate for my needs. I’d really like Mitsubishi to offer the 1.0 3A90 with the manual here in North America but that’s not going to happen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

FloridaG4 (09-17-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait. How does that ignore user feature work?

Ah, found it.

Simplify and add lightness.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-17-2018)