Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milestone passed: 100,000 Mirages sold in the U.S.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Only 5500 Eclipse Crosses have been sold here in 2018. About 2000-2500 Mirages are sold each month. When the time comes for me to get shocks...soon...I will just get them off of a wrecked, low-mile car.
    Wow, the Eclipse Cross has been that poor of a seller?? That can't be good for Mitsu's futures since that was the first "fresh" all new vehicle from them in many years. I really scratch my head at Mitsu's decisions sometimes. For me, the biggest issue with the Cross is its poor mileage compounded by mandatory all wheel drive unless you get the base model. I'm in Florida...I don't need no stinkin AWD killing my daily mileage! There's no reason why the Cross can't get better then 26mpg on the highway. That's ludicrously low for a 1.5 liter motor. And then, they leave out important features on the base model, like Apply CarPlay, making people avoid it like the plague. If it weren't for that, I'd consider one as I like the fresh interior design and the exterior is unique looking and the right size. Get it together Mitsubishi!

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A couple of things to remember: The Eclipse Cross has not been on sale a full calendar year.

I think having both the Outlander, Outlander Sport, Outlander PHEV, and Eclipse Cross is a bit confusing for consumers. I have been told that that there will be something that makes for more differentiation in the comping years. I'm guessing that'll be an Outlander Sport redesign or replacement once Nissan starts platform sharing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    A couple of things to remember: The Eclipse Cross has not been on sale a full calendar year.
    Why buy a new vehicle with 1.5L turbo engine that has less horsepower and less mpg than the 2.4L engine in the larger/roomier Outlander?

The Outlander Sport & Outlander 2.4L engine has more horsepower & has a better mpg rating than the Eclipse Cross one engine offering. The Eclipse Cross doesn't even compete well with what Mitsubishi was already offering.

Mitsubishi should have focused their time/energy in designing a subcompact SUV.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why buy a new vehicle with 1.5L turbo engine that has less horsepower and less mpg than the 2.4L engine in the larger/roomier Outlander?

The Outlander Sport & Outlander 2.4L engine has more horsepower & has a better mpg rating than the Eclipse Cross one engine offering. The Eclipse Cross doesn't even compete well with what Mitsubishi was already offering.

Mitsubishi should have focused their time/energy in designing a subcompact SUV.
    Because it looks different? It feels more refined than than Outlander Sport, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I think the Eclipse Cross is designed to look like a Subaru.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I think the Eclipse Cross is designed to look like a Subaru.
    One day I was parallel parking with students, & it struck me what I don't like about the Eclipse Cross look. It's looks like someone resurrected the Pontiac Aztec. We were parking behind an old Aztec that day. Many lists the Aztec as one of the top ten ugliest vehicles of all time. That may seem harsh, but I don't care for anything that has a Chevy Citation shape.

Do some research. I am not the only person who thinks a Eclipse Cross resembles an old Aztec.

http://carsalesbase.com/look-like-mi...eclipse-cross/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...s%3fsource=dam
    Last edited by Mark; 11-06-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Personally, I hope they continue to offer this generation of Mirage alongside whatever is ostensibly supposed to replace it in 2020.
    Cobrajet this article might interest you, apparently a new 2020 Mirage crossover is actually in the works, on a new Nissan/Renault/Mitsu shared platform. Small ute may be also known as the 2020 Lancer or a Lancer cross. Please check out the link below:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20.../#more-1634002

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (01-07-2019),Daox (11-19-2018)

2018 year-end total: 110,086

Mirage rounded out 2018 with 24316 Mirages & G4's sold, its 5th annual increase in sales.

That makes it 110,086 total U.S. sales at end of 2018.

Remarkable! (Or maybe not, depending on whether they're goosing the numbers with strategically-timed cut-rate fleet sales.)

It's also the first calendar year the Mirage outsold the Chevy Spark.

The Mirage's sales record is also notable in a year in which automakers announced the cancellation of numerous small cars in the US market:

- Ford Fiesta
    - Ford Focus
    - Hyundai Accent hatchback (though you can still get a sedan)
    - Smart Fortwo internal combustion version (EV still available)
    - VW Beetle

Several news sites have also speculated that it's just a matter of time for the Chevy Sonic, Fiat 500 and the Toyota Yaris (thread: Toyota Yaris deathwatch is on &nbsp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (01-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd just like to say that I love this. Go Mirage!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-07-2021)

TTAC noticed the Mirage's sales bump:

Losers and a Few Winners: Here’s the Cars That Bucked the Trend in 2018

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)