Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Add OEM Cruise to 17-18 US Mirages easily and without changing your steering wheel!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi guys I could really use your help. I just finished up doing this mod on my 2017 G4 Manual. Canadian model. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work!!

My first theory is that I bought and installed the wrong cruise switch? The one I bought was 8602A110 as suggested but I heard 8602A115 is actually the correct one? Does it even matter? Anyone know the different between them? I know it's connected at least because the lights come on inside the switch but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I also have clutch switch plugged in and installed exactly as required so I don't think it's an issue there.

Maybe it's also be an issue with ETACS or something but I really have no idea. Both settings have been changed to CRUISE CONTROL=ACCEPT and CRUISE CONTROL OPTION=PRESENT, as everyone has said you need to do.

This is driving me absolutely insane and I would really appreciate if anyone has ideas on how to get this working. I would take it to a dealership but what will they do because it's already been enabled in the computer? I may end up just having to order the 8602A115 instead and hoping that it works when I swap it out... Otherwise I'm stumped.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 000 View Post
    Hi guys I could really use your help. I just finished up doing this mod on my 2017 G4 Manual. Canadian model. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work!!

My first theory is that I bought and installed the wrong cruise switch? The one I bought was 8602A110 as suggested but I heard 8602A115 is actually the correct one? Does it even matter? Anyone know the different between them? I know it's connected at least because the lights come on inside the switch but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I also have clutch switch plugged in and installed exactly as required so I don't think it's an issue there.

Maybe it's also be an issue with ETACS or something but I really have no idea. Both settings have been changed to CRUISE CONTROL=ACCEPT and CRUISE CONTROL OPTION=PRESENT, as everyone has said you need to do.

This is driving me absolutely insane and I would really appreciate if anyone has ideas on how to get this working. I would take it to a dealership but what will they do because it's already been enabled in the computer? I may end up just having to order the 8602A115 instead and hoping that it works when I swap it out... Otherwise I'm stumped.
    I don't think this is your problem, but just checking to see if you have both a clutch & a brake switch for your cruise control? Use of the clutch or the brake should disengage cruise.

I hope someone offers you better advice from the forum, & you get this figured out. I don't blame you for being frustrated. Good luck!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Nobody has asked yet, what steering wheel have you? What harnesses did it come with? Pictures? Or are you using the nice DAOX design switch?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't think this is your problem, but just checking to see if you have both a clutch & a brake switch for your cruise control? Use of the clutch or the brake should disengage cruise.

I hope someone offers you better advice from the forum, & you get this figured out. I don't blame you for being frustrated. Good luck!
    Yes. I checked and the brake switch is already there along with the clutch switch that I installed. So I don't think I'm missing any parts. Of course there's the possibility that one of the parts is faulty or maybe the wiring. But it would be such a hassle to troubleshoot that and buy a bunch of new parts even if it may or may not work.

Before I do anything I'm going to double check that all the wiring is intact and connected as it's supposed to be.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Nobody has asked yet, what steering wheel have you? What harnesses did it come with? Pictures? Or are you using the nice DAOX design switch?
    I have the steering wheel with the audio controls, that already has the green harness for the cruise switch there on the right side. Same as suggested in this guide. So it was as simple as just removing the blank panel and replacing it with the cruise one. I'm not using the Daox kit if that's what you're asking about.

Not sure if maybe there is some difference on my car to the US model but it seems the same to me. But I'm not an expert in this stuff at all so I could be wrong. I will go and get some pictures of the steering wheel if you need.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Did you mod the wheel in any way, add switches, change wiring?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Did you mod the wheel in any way, add switches, change wiring?
    Nope I just took out the blank panel and put the cruise one. Everything else has been left the same.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Here are some pictures.

Steering wheel wiring for the cruise switch:
    Name:  0g40.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  81.5 KBName:  0g44.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  89.6 KBName:  0g41.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  94.0 KB

Cruise switch 8602a110 (Correct one I think?)
    Name:  0g43.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  98.9 KBName:  0g45.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  95.8 KB

Both clutch switch and brake switch installed as directed:
    Name:  0g42.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  98.6 KB

Cruise enabled in ETACS:
    Name:  0g46.png
Views: 252
Size:  14.2 KB

Yeah. I have noooo idea what the problem could be.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Check if your clockspring has 10 pins instead of 5 pins https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post78340
    You can buy a new one with 10 pins or mod your clockspring https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post88285

Also check the indicator LED in meter cluster https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...rument-cluster
    Last edited by FreeYourSOUL; 04-10-2023 at 01:31 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

000 (04-10-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good to know thanks. I will update here if I get this figured out.