Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Godspeed coilovers

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MercyMirage View Post
    I've had mine installed for about 2 months now. Love them. Car feels so much more sportier now. I do have a rubbing problem in the rear though. The car isn't sitting low IMO but the rear bottoms out on any sort of bump or incline. I do have bigger wheels on mine, they're 195/50/15 and I can see that they're rubbing on the fender lining. My question is should I have my fenders rolled? Should I adjust the preload? I really don't want to raise the car because I think it is perfect how it sits now, but if it will solve my problem then so be it.
    I have not had issues with rubbing since I made the rear stiff. I had my niece and nephew in the back last night and there was no issue. The wheels were pretty much tucked in on the back. I do have 195/45/16 tires so that may be the difference? Is your problem in the front? Mine never rubbed the front but did on the back occasionally. I almost was going to have them rolled but I have not had an issue since installing the coilovers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    To run 195's with an offset less than about 40, you're probably going to need to roll the fenders a tiny bit. Raising the rear height a little will help. Adjusting the rear stocks stiffer can help, too. But, ultimately, you're going to need to fix that interference point.
    Simplify and add lightness.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (08-09-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    To run 195's with an offset less than about 40, you're probably going to need to roll the fenders a tiny bit. Raising the rear height a little will help. Adjusting the rear stocks stiffer can help, too. But, ultimately, you're going to need to fix that interference point.
    Could not have said it better.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Yes that speed lab one is too expensive and it is not designed for U.S. spec cars. I hope there is a solution soon.
    I think all you have to do is swap the sensors, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (08-09-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I think all you have to do is swap the sensors, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Maybe, but I am not skilled enough with electronics to spend 3 grand just to see. I want someone just to make it for the car so I can buy it and install it. I don't want to have to mess with it for that kind of money.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I don't want to have to mess with it for that kind of money.
    But this is a fundamental aspect of modifying cars - anything, really. One gets to tinker and see what works and what doesn't.

A guarantee of performance does have it's value, though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There are (at least) two kinds of car modders. Those who "bolt on" things that they expect to work. (or expect to look cool whether they work or not) They don't necessarily know how things work, but if it's simple enough, they'll put it on the car. (subset of this group... they'll pay somebody else to put it on the car) And those who go far beyond that.

Nothing wrong with being in either group... but, it is good to know your limitations and not get in over your head.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe, but I am not skilled enough with electronics to spend 3 grand just to see. I want someone just to make it for the car so I can buy it and install it. I don't want to have to mess with it for that kind of money.
    Then don't do it. There was a AMR500 supercharger somewhere shown on this forum but to do all the custom work it might come close to $3k.

I did find a simple video on how to change the sensors though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCglmiY8yc
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The fitment does look really nice! Maybe one day I'll have to pick these up when I get the chance to. Considering where you are I'm suprised I haven't run into you yet, although I don't go into Cleveland very often lol, good to see more mirages here in Ohio
    Your 'neighbor' from Eastlake lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AssassinTime14 For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (08-10-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    There are (at least) two kinds of car modders. Those who "bolt on" things that they expect to work. (or expect to look cool whether they work or not) They don't necessarily know how things work, but if it's simple enough, they'll put it on the car. (subset of this group... they'll pay somebody else to put it on the car) And those who go far beyond that.

Nothing wrong with being in either group... but, it is good to know your limitations and not get in over your head.
    That is me for sure. Could I do it? Yes. Do I want to? No. So I would rather just pay someone to do it for me. I would much prefer traveling, camping and hiking in my spare time and just pay to have the car how I want it. I love cars and would probably try messing with things under the hood if I had a better space to do it in. As it is now, my garage has my camper in it and all of the stuff that goes with it so it makes it really uncomfortable to work in there. I can see myself doing a lot more to it once we move to a place with a pole barn dedicated to cars which will line up perfectly to when this will be paid for and I can buy another new car and turn this into a project.