Thread: bobistheoilguy.com user review

Country
    United States
    Thanks

bobistheoilguy.com user review

I'm a seldom-poster but semi-recent lurker on this site and bobistheoilguy. I've enjoyed following this thread about the Mirage over the couple years. Lots of love and hate in the comments...which I guess is the legacy of this car at this point. I haven't seen anyone else mention it here so...Enjoy!

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...pics/4060892/1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emki For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-09-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Thanks for posting this. I enjoy that site.

My '15 Mirage is just about to turn 100,000 miles (99,565 I think), and it hasn't had one problem. I checked the engine compression not too long ago, and it was about 197 psi all the way across (new is 205 psi). Not a CEL, not a broken switch, no flaking paint, no electrical gremlins...nuthin'. Other cars here have 200,000 miles and a similar story. This is very typical of these cars. They simply don't break. I know FIVE other people with Mirages, and their cars haven't had any problems, either.

If I had to complain about it I would knock the under-dampened suspension, dead steering feel, scratch-prone interior plastics, tendency to eat front brake pads, and user un-friendly TPMS system.

Other than that, it does everything I bought it to do. It was inexpensive, gets great mileage, and has been as reliable as a stone axe.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

emdeplam (08-10-2018),fc321 (08-09-2018),Gnarles2 (08-09-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    +1 on CobraJet. I also have a 2015. My story is a little different because I drive it for infrequent short trips and the car only has 11,000 miles.

Rock solid. Not a single problem. I have been to the dealer only once for the airbag recall. On that visit they looked the car to find any problems. Found ZERO.

Just wanted to share my opinion for how the Mirage performs for short-trips (which can be stressful for many cars). When used for short-trips and sometimes not even driven for over 4 days the Mirage still performs like a champ.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-09-2018),emdeplam (08-10-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This exactly... Except mine went 110k on the OG front brake pads

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I enjoy that site.

My '15 Mirage is just about to turn 100,000 miles (99,565 I think), and it hasn't had one problem. I checked the engine compression not too long ago, and it was about 197 psi all the way across (new is 205 psi). Not a CEL, not a broken switch, no flaking paint, no electrical gremlins...nuthin'. Other cars here have 200,000 miles and a similar story. This is very typical of these cars. They simply don't break. I know FIVE other people with Mirages, and their cars haven't had any problems, either.

If I had to complain about it I would knock the under-dampened suspension, dead steering feel, scratch-prone interior plastics, tendency to eat front brake pads, and user un-friendly TPMS system.

Other than that, it does everything I bought it to do. It was inexpensive, gets great mileage, and has been as reliable as a stone axe.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-09-2018),emdeplam (08-10-2018)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I feel like my pads are underperforming but the Mitsu dealership said they had another 4k miles left in them.