Norway
    Thanks
    Ok, thank you for your help

Country
    Norway
    Thanks

Thank you

thank you everybody

How often do you change your oil? I mean pull the plug and change filter not fill up when it's empty and making noise
    That seems a little excessive to me. I changed the oil every 12k kms and sometimes the car would take 1/2l(qt) between changes. The engine has almost 386k kms(240k miles).
    Check your air filter and spark plugs, they're probably caked in oil. Your catalytic converter will probably be plugging up too. Do you have smoke/excessive pressure if you remove your oil cap with the engine running?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    How often do you change your oil? I mean pull the plug and change filter not fill up when it's empty and making noise
    That seems a little excessive to me. I changed the oil every 12k kms and sometimes the car would take 1/2l(qt) between changes. The engine has almost 386k kms(240k miles).
    Check your air filter and spark plugs, they're probably caked in oil. Your catalytic converter will probably be plugging up too. Do you have smoke/excessive pressure if you remove your oil cap with the engine running?
    Hi, thank you for helping. The oil was changed at every 20 000km service at Mitsubishi. The garanti ended at 100 000 km. Its now on 122 000 km. I have refilled twice in 22000 km. Last time it was dry. The plugs is changed, and were fine. Strange this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Hi, thank you for helping. The oil was changed at every 20 000km service at Mitsubishi. The garanti ended at 100 000 km. Its now on 122 000 km. I have refilled twice in 22000 km. Last time it was dry. The plugs is changed, and were fine. Strange this.
    That sucks, our warranty here is good til 160000kms.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Hello everybody!

@Roy did you find the issue? Would be nice to know. I would like to ask to everybody if your dealership puts more oil than Full in the dipstick? In 4 services I need to remove after each service 0.5 liters from engine to have it in the dipstick full mark. This was in Portugal. Not sure why they make this but is just stupid or maybe intentional!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Space Star Intense 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edPower View Post
    Hello everybody!

@Roy did you find the issue? Would be nice to know. I would like to ask to everybody if your dealership puts more oil than Full in the dipstick? In 4 services I need to remove after each service 0.5 liters from engine to have it in the dipstick full mark. This was in Portugal. Not sure why they make this but is just stupid or maybe intentional!?
    Four times now??

Have you asked your mechanic why they overfill? It would be interesting to hear their answer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Four times now??

Have you asked your mechanic why they overfill? It would be interesting to hear their answer.
    The worrisome thing is that different mechanics done the same thing. I think they just put 3 liters and do not check the level.
    When they called by phone after the first service to ask about my level of satisfaction I have talked about this problem. And guess what? Nothing changed.

This was the last service that I made there (just because to keep warranty). What I made all the times was to get home, let the car cool down and then use a small hose in the dipstick tube and with a "soap" pump I took out the excess of oil.

My conclusion is when we bought a used car that was always serviced in a dealership garage that doesn't mean that the maintenance was done in the best way

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  90.1 KB
    Last edited by edPower; 01-15-2021 at 10:00 PM.

(3A92 59kW)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Space Star Intense 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your troubles edPower. Are there any other dealerships in your area that you can go to?

When I tried to take my car into the dealership for warranty work in Mentor where I live, the dealership would have no part in me driving my car up to them so I had to go to another dealership an hour away. Two times I called Mentor Mitsubishi to have them take a look at my car and Twice they told me I was "wasting their time" and they had more important customers to attend to. So I went to Sunnyside Mitsubishi instead and they worked everything out.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles edPower. Are there any other dealerships in your area that you can go to?

When I tried to take my car into the dealership for warranty work in Mentor where I live, the dealership would have no part in me driving my car up to them so I had to go to another dealership an hour away. Two times I called Mentor Mitsubishi to have them take a look at my car and Twice they told me I was "wasting their time" and they had more important customers to attend to. So I went to Sunnyside Mitsubishi instead and they worked everything out.
    Oh That is really bad... It is annoying when the dealership just want to sell you the car and then treat you bad when you need their "support". It is a really good way to not buy again in the same place... on the end they will get the payback.

I will start doing the oil changes at home after the warranty end. On my previous cars I did it at home and that is not hard. For "harder" things I know a mechanic that will do what I need. I will follow the maintenance plan that comes with the user manual anyway.

Last edited by edPower; 01-15-2021 at 09:59 PM.

(3A92 59kW)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to edPower For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-02-2021)