Thread: My 50 MPG story

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

My 50 MPG story

I finally hit 50 MPG after so bad encounters with the police so now I'm stuck driving like an old man. Honestly it's not bad, I still let the engine breathe on the onramp of the highway on my way to work though. So after the ordeals with the cops and getting my liscesnse suspended 😅, I decided to focus on hitting 50 MPG, the first few days I got around 38mpg, then 42mpg, got to understand how the engine uses it fuel around rpms better, shifting at 3k and letting it rest around 2k rpms while cruising. Then I started to let it roll in neutral for as long as possible when going onto off ramps at highways and stop signs at night, that definitely boosted that little mpg reading quick lol. A few days later I hit that wonderful 50+ mpg :) if you guys have anymore tips to hit higher than this lmk because I'll take all the help I can get. Name:  IMG_20180726_021103.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  70.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AssassinTime14 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-15-2018)