Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engine cranks but no start today

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    In this case, though... his logic was wrong.
    Apparently. In his defence, a roadside assistant can't possibly have much experience with a Space Star, can he?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I see what you did there. Yeah, he's probably never seen one before.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Apparently. In his defence, a roadside assistant can't possibly have much experience with a Space Star, can he?
    I didn't know they were licensed. How's that work do they carry around common parts that fail for every single make and model of vehicle? Unless a car just has a dead battery or is flooded I'd have to assume the roadside assistance is going to be of little help to most people. At least on their first visit.
    I can't say I've ever seen any car not start because the lifters won't pump up. Hydraulic or not. And what are the chances of every single lifter loosing pressure. You have better odds of getting 4 flat tires at once.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello everyone I have an issue with my 2015 Mitsubishi mirage. I recently had a copy of a key made a day or two prior to this issue. The car cranks but does not turn over with both keys. It just keeps cranking but doesn’t fire up. Also doesn’t have any codes which has me a little lost. I’m not sure if it’s got something to do with the key programming or just a coincidence and unrelated. I have tried to start the mirage with an unprogrammed key before and it doesn’t crank at all so was wondering if anyone out there has any input or advice. Anything helps and thanks so much in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you

Quote Originally Posted by Ben206 View Post
    Hello everyone I have an issue with my 2015 Mitsubishi mirage. I recently had a copy of a key made a day or two prior to this issue. The car cranks but does not turn over with both keys. It just keeps cranking but doesn’t fire up. Also doesn’t have any codes which has me a little lost. I’m not sure if it’s got something to do with the key programming or just a coincidence and unrelated. I have tried to start the mirage with an unprogrammed key before and it doesn’t crank at all so was wondering if anyone out there has any input or advice. Anything helps and thanks so much in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you
    Likely flooded. Did you try holding it to the floor while cranking? There isn't much else that stop these from starting out of the blue unless mice at your wiring somewhere. If you keep trying to start it once already flooded you just make it worse. I managed to get one going again by removing the fuel pump fuse under the hood while cranking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

14Mirage400 (05-16-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've been farting around with a few too many cars lately but IIRC isn't there something in the Mirage that disables starting if you try so times with a non chipped key? I could swear that was a topic here before my time.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I've been farting around with a few too many cars lately but IIRC isn't there something in the Mirage that disables starting if you try so times with a non chipped key? I could swear that was a topic here before my time.
    Yeah, the starter will just not work after it doesn't sense the chip key a couple times. I have a wrecked car here that the driver hit their knee into the key and broke the transponder reader thing. The spool of wire that wraps around the cylinder fell out but it still read the key, until the other day and it didn't. I plugged in a different ring and got the car to run. But...with out the transponder being read the starter initially engaged for a second on the first try, then 1/2 second the second then eventually didn't even try. It was weird cause no lights on the cluster came on to inicate the wrong key is being used...

Long story longer....Starter won't work if key isn't programmed or if programmed key isn't being read. If starter is working, key should be fine and not the problem.

So I just tried fiddling with this car. I managed to erase both keyless entry button functions from the 2 working keys but they still start the car. I got a 3rd key programmed to work the keyless entry but I can't get it programmed to start the car.
    This post/thread will have to be moved eventually but I'll just add to this one for now.

Does anyone know the password that's asked for when trying to register a key for these things? Is it specific to that one vehicle, or model? Year? Maybe a Master Mitsubishi tech could pass on some wisdom?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So I just tried fiddling with this car. I managed to erase both keyless entry button functions from the 2 working keys but they still start the car. I got a 3rd key programmed to work the keyless entry but I can't get it programmed to start the car.
    This post/thread will have to be moved eventually but I'll just add to this one for now.

Does anyone know the password that's asked for when trying to register a key for these things? Is it specific to that one vehicle, or model? Year? Maybe a Master Mitsubishi tech could pass on some wisdom?
    You're pretty darn close. Hopefully it will be a non confidential code, hey, if US customers can program keys by having 2 working keys at hand then there's no trade secret Mits is trying to keep hidden.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yes thanks for the reply. I did manage to get it started by doing just that. I was just confused since I just had a key made. So I have another question my car knocks a little bit when I start it up after it’s cold and hasn’t been started up in a few days. I’ve read up about something with the ecu giving incorrect amount of fuel. My question is does this affect the engine or is it a sign the engine is going out if it stops after getting warmed up and driving for a few minutes? Thanks again much appreciated