Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Engine cranks but no start today

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben206 View Post
    Yes thanks for the reply. I did manage to get it started by doing just that. I was just confused since I just had a key made. So I have another question my car knocks a little bit when I start it up after it’s cold and hasn’t been started up in a few days. I’ve read up about something with the ecu giving incorrect amount of fuel. My question is does this affect the engine or is it a sign the engine is going out if it stops after getting warmed up and driving for a few minutes? Thanks again much appreciated
    First, don't panic. Lots of earlier Mirages, my 2014 among them, make what some say is considerable racket on a cold start. I think your is likely flashed and fixed, you can look it up, I forget what link to use. Mine is flashed, still noisy. Horrible compared to my 2017.

Now, some 2014-2015 Mirages had legitimate piston fit issues. They would slap on a cold start and the racket died down but never completely went away. Those engines need replacement. Check with your dealer only after you're listened to many, many youtube videos of noisy Mirages cold-starting.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    El Salvador
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Likely flooded. Did you try holding it to the floor while cranking? There isn't much else that stop these from starting out of the blue unless mice at your wiring somewhere. If you keep trying to start it once already flooded you just make it worse. I managed to get one going again by removing the fuel pump fuse under the hood while cranking.
    This method still works like a charm just helped get my ‘14 Mirage back on the road and out of a sticky situation. Thanks!

btw first post ever 2014 Mirage DE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 14Mirage400 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-17-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Mirage400 View Post
    This method still works like a charm just helped get my ‘14 Mirage back on the road and out of a sticky situation. Thanks!

That's awesome to hear! Welcome to the forum!

We all appreciate Fummins' experience with these cars.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

14Mirage400 (05-19-2023),Fummins (05-17-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Mirage400 View Post

Fummins has saved countless from crazy expensive repairs. I'm constantly trying to steer new owners to his channel and to here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

14Mirage400 (05-19-2023)

Country
    El Salvador
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thank you guys. I’ll continue to look into the channel and the info on this forum is great recently did cvt fluid change with Nissan fluid and filter lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 14Mirage400 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-15-2023)