Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steering wheel controls

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    I just ordered one from Amazon. I should have it installed this weekend. Looks pretty simple to instal and self programs. Nice. Thanks
    Do any of you that use the aswc-1 have images of how they connected to the Mirage harness? I ordered one and it will be arriving this week, so any tips on hooking it up easily would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mettekr For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-10-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just as info to the group, I was able to get the steering wheel controls working with my Android head unit without using the ASWC-1 device. I used their instructions to know which wire from the factory harness needed connected to the KEY 1 wire from the head unit (pin 9/2 depending on direction...the pink one), then connected SWC ground to my existing ground. After that, I went into the head unit programming section, and voila!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mettekr For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-10-2018),exemex (08-01-2023),jalopezl (10-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ok so I have a 2015 mirage, WHAT WIRE ON THE ASWC DID YOU USE??? Its the pink wire on the factory harness pin 9. But ASWC guide for the 2014 says use the orange and green wire but i get no response. i found a different guide that says use black and green on the aswc. i can use volume up but all other buttons are mismapped on just not working. can you just tell me the color ill love you forever... BTW the black and green wire wont let me use all buttons just some.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowtuy View Post
    ok so I have a 2015 mirage, WHAT WIRE ON THE ASWC DID YOU USE??? Its the pink wire on the factory harness pin 9. But ASWC guide for the 2014 says use the orange and green wire but i get no response. i found a different guide that says use black and green on the aswc. i can use volume up but all other buttons are mismapped on just not working. can you just tell me the color ill love you forever... BTW the black and green wire wont let me use all buttons just some.
    I ended up ditching the ASWC altogether and actually wired my steering wheel control wiring directly to my head unit. I actually used the Mitsubishi Eclipse wiring info from the ASWC site though to know which wires to use since those directions showed an actually in color image of the wiring harness vs the black and white junk they had for the Mirage. I noted which wires I used in my earlier post

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mettekr For This Useful Post:

exemex (08-01-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ok actually after messing with it the wire you use is the black/green from the ASWC to the pink wire on pin 9. You ground the wire below that which is purple. DURING THE PROGRAMMING OF THE ASWC you have to press the volume up button at 1 second intervals. AFter doing that i have perfect controls! If it still does not work try again modifying the rate you press the button. Also force update the ASWC. I have a 2015 mirage ES BTW

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowtuy For This Useful Post:

eden (07-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mettekr
    Just as info to the group, I was able to get the steering wheel controls working with my Android head unit without using the ASWC-1 device. I used their instructions to know which wire from the factory harness needed connected to the KEY 1 wire from the head unit (pin 9/2 depending on direction...the pink one), then connected SWC ground to my existing ground. After that, I went into the head unit programming section, and voila!
    Quote Originally Posted by mettekr View Post
    I ended up ditching the ASWC altogether and actually wired my steering wheel control wiring directly to my head unit. I actually used the Mitsubishi Eclipse wiring info from the ASWC site though to know which wires to use since those directions showed an actually in color image of the wiring harness vs the black and white junk they had for the Mirage. I noted which wires I used in my earlier post
    This post is old but thanks so much! I hope others find this post in the future when searching for steering wheel controls and the aswc-1. I wired things up as mettekr suggested and it worked great without the aswc-1!

Cheers!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exemex For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-01-2023),inuvik (08-01-2023),Top_Fuel (08-02-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i still have a dilemma on how i can connect my OEM SWC to my Android headunit.

The three wire from the left i believe is for GND, ACC and a 12Volt wire.

I don't know where to connect the white wire from the bottom of the pic, just ignore the grey wire with long black covered wire on the right that is from my OEM radio plug.

Name:  mirage_4_gls_head_unit_stock_2_1625378344_00c5e110_progressive.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  94.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    i still have a dilemma on how i can connect my OEM SWC to my Android headunit.
    I didn't deal with that stuff, just tapped directly into the main harness. I don't know if this is how such things are supposed to be done, but there you go.
    Name:  2023-09-26 09_23_20-Window.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  22.4 KB

Name:  2023-09-26 09_25_40-Window.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  12.9 KB
    Per mettekr, KEY1 from head unit to pin 9; pin 19 to GND. I'm pretty sure this is what I did, works great.

First picture from a random youtube vid. Second picture taken from aswc-1 mirage instructions. Good luck!
    Last edited by exemex; 09-26-2023 at 01:35 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exemex For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-28-2023),mitsumi (09-26-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exemex View Post
    I didn't deal with that stuff, just tapped directly into the main harness. I don't know if this is how such things are supposed to be done, but there you go.

Per mettekr, KEY1 from head unit to pin 9; pin 19 to GND. I'm pretty sure this is what I did, works great.

First picture from a random youtube vid. Second picture taken from aswc-1 mirage instructions. Good luck!
    ok im gonna try that and see what happens

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exemex View Post

Ok so i got to check from the main harness wiring to the headunit wiring.

(MAIN) pin 9 is connected to a (HU) black wire
    (MAIN) pin 19 is connected to a (HU) solid pink wire

that is the default wiring from the harness that came with my headunit.
    what I'm trying to solve is the wiring from the SWC receiver, the white wire from my previous post if where should i tap it.

Name:  White Wire.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  23.0 KB