Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel controls

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Steering wheel controls

Just finished installing my Pioneer radio and lost my steering wheel controls for volume control etc. Has anyone bought a steering wheel control wiring kit for the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, in my 2015 Mirage I use an ASWC-1 steering wheel interface for my Sony head unit. It works really well!! Now all the steering wheel controls work.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yes, in my 2015 Mirage I use an ASWC-1 steering wheel interface for my Sony head unit. It works really well!! Now all the steering wheel controls work.
    I just ordered one from Amazon. I should have it installed this weekend. Looks pretty simple to instal and self programs. Nice. Thanks
    Last edited by FloridaG4; 08-14-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The ASWC-1 will not self program, you will need to manually program it. Don't worry, its super easy. Also by programming it yourself you can setup whatever button to do whatever you want it to do (ie. skip, search ect). Let me know if you need any help setting yours up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The ASWC-1 will not self program, you will need to manually program it. Don't worry, its super easy. Also by programming it yourself you can setup whatever button to do whatever you want it to do (ie. skip, search ect). Let me know if you need any help setting yours up.
    What year is your Mirage? I called the company that makes the ASWC-1 and spoke with tech support and he said it won’t work with a 2018. He said the last Mirage they had this work for was for a 2014.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Mirage is a 2015. I work at a Mitsubishi dealership and have looked at the wiring diagrams, your 2018 Mirage should have the same wiring colors/wiring as mine. The diagrams look the same from Mitsubishi.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Useful Post:

craigq (11-25-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On the steering wheel control wiring harness, does anyone know which wires are which? There are 6 on there, white, black, gray (a little thicker), red, purple, and green.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mettekr View Post
    On the steering wheel control wiring harness, does anyone know which wires are which? There are 6 on there, white, black, gray (a little thicker), red, purple, and green.
    Hello mettekr and welcome to the forum.

The answers you seek can be found in the factory service manual.

Refer to this thread: Found Complete Service Manual & Wiring Diagrams Mirage 2015

Hope this helps. Please take some time to introduce yourself here with an introductory post, and let us know if you have any other questions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello mettekr and welcome to the forum.

The answers you seek can be found in the factory service manual.

Refer to this thread: Found Complete Service Manual & Wiring Diagrams Mirage 2015

Hope this helps. Please take some time to introduce yourself here with an introductory post, and let us know if you have any other questions.
    Hi. I did download all of those diagrams, but they were over my head, so I thought I'd post to those that already specifically looked at those wires for the SWC.

To back up, I have a 2015 Mirage and just installed a KKmoon Android head unit (that has android auto). All working magnificently, other than getting my steering controls back! Trying to avoid needing an adapter as done by this guy in a Toyota: https://youtu.be/rSNIS360jUk
    Last edited by mettekr; 11-24-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I've heard those adapters are real time-savers, work fine, and are worth the cost.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)