Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need insight on the mirage 2014 (GLX vs. GLS in PH)

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Need insight on the mirage 2014 (GLX vs. GLS in PH)

Hi, I'm Pam and I have been looking for a car to buy for the last few months and after reading countless reviews and looking at forums I have finally decided on a mitsubishi mirage gls m/t. However, when I went to my local mitsubishi dealer, they told me that the available models that they have is the glx m/t and a/t 2014 model. It's not as good as the gls but it's been upgraded a whole lot from the 2013 glx what with central locking already available. They told me that if i really wanted to have the gls m/t i would have to order it and it might take a few months till it gets to me depending on the availability and i need a car as soon as possible. Do you think i should wait for the gls m/t or will the glx do? I don't think i can wait for a few more months for a car. I need some of your insight. Thanks in advance

Hi Pam.

I'd answer your question by asking another one.

Is there a particular feature on the GLS that's missing from the GLX that you really, really want?

Mechanically, they're the same in major respects, so the actual driving won't differ much at all, with the exception on the GLS of different (larger) wheels/tires and a front stabilizer bar. (Meaning sportier handling.) The GLS also has anti-lock brakes, which is a consideration.

But if those things aren't deal-breakers, it comes down to a decision based on convenience features.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would say go to a diff dealer and see what they have. If you need it now though, u might have to bite the bullet and get a trim you hadnt condsidered

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You never want to spend top dollar on a car you do not want. If you are buying used you have limited options. I would tell them to either make a dealer trade or to give you an incentive to wait. If they have nothing to offer tell them you are going to look at a similar prices small car with the options you want. They may give you a rental car while you wait for yours or give you a price reduction that makes it worth waiting for... you'll kick yourself later if you jump into a brand new car that was not what you initially wanted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I think it all depends on what you really want. Sometimes I've had features on cars that I thought would be really cool, but then I end up never using them. The same has been for the other way around. It just depends what is important to you.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Based on the options per price paid I think the ES upgrade it an amazing deal. Navigation and back up camera alone.. plus you get push button/proximity ?! SOLD. I use the back up camera way more then I thought I ever would in a car that has amazing visibility to begin with... in the Mirage, to me, it is going to be a must have. Not sure if I care about having a fancy radio screen that'll likely fall apart faster then the basic one... but it is nice and shiny.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do they do dealer trades in your country?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi.

I'd answer your question by asking another one.

Is there a particular feature on the GLS that's missing from the GLX that you really, really want?

Mechanically, they're the same in all major respects, so the actual driving won't differ much at all, with the exception on the GLS of different (larger) wheels/tires and a front stabilizer bar. (Meaning sportier handling.) The GLS also has anti-lock brakes, which is a consideration.

But if those things aren't deal-breakers, it comes down to a decision based on convenience features.
    Hi. There's nothing really specific that I like in the GLS but overall it just has some features that are good that can't even be found on others all cars that cost a whole lot more, e.g., ABS, EBD, front stabilizer. Maybe the bigger 15" alloy wheels? But those can be custom- made right? So i think it all boils down to whether all the other stuff that aren't found on the glx are important or are they something that a driver can do without.
    Also, I'm not a fan of the start/stop button found on the gls. So basically i'm just really torn.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Do they do dealer trades in your country?
    I think they do have that in the bigger cities but not where I live

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
    You never want to spend top dollar on a car you do not want. If you are buying used you have limited options. I would tell them to either make a dealer trade or to give you an incentive to wait. If they have nothing to offer tell them you are going to look at a similar prices small car with the options you want. They may give you a rental car while you wait for yours or give you a price reduction that makes it worth waiting for... you'll kick yourself later if you jump into a brand new car that was not what you initially wanted.
    Yeah, it's actually the thought that I might regret rushing into buying something halfheartedly that makes me stop and think and ask for advice. Thanks.