Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Tennessee! (considering Mirage, Toyota iA, or Mazda2)

No comments on styling?

The iA's snout is something to behold, and not in a good way. Too bad Toyota had to put their stamp on an otherwise attractive Mazda design. They've been making some hideous styling moves in the last few years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    No comments on styling?

The iA's snout is something to behold, and not in a good way. Too bad Toyota had to put their stamp on an otherwise attractive Mazda design. They've been making some hideous styling moves in the last few years.
    I agree! I think the front of the iA is hideous! I would not buy the iA & some other Toyota models for their appearance. I am not fan of sedans. Having said that, the iA is probably a very nice car for the money. If a person was in the market for a small sedan, the iA seems like a good choice.

We do have a couple of other threads about the iA here... I'm pretty sure we have another member who went with it instead of the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the input everyone!

I test drove a manual Yaris iA today and I liked the handling/shifting. However, the rear head and leg room was too cramped for my friends to be comfortable. Rear visibility was also hindered pretty badly if you don't move the headrests back down which seems like it would be a pain if I'm having people ride with me often.

I'll be on the lookout for a manual Mirage at my local dealer and I'll report back!

Rear visibility sucks on most new cars these days. Big honkin C pillars and fat headrests all around.

Keep us posted on your research!