Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    I like how the UK markets the Mirage. When picking a trim level, you basically have to decide on manual/CVT transmissions & cloth/leather seats. It's a pretty simple choice. I sort of like the simplicity of that.

Part of the fun of owning/driving a small car for me is the manual transmission. Given the 2019 base model manual (ES) now comes standard with cruise & adjustable driver's seat, you couldn't add anything to the other trim levels that would interest me in the least.

For those who like automatics (CVT), decisions still need to be made. For those of us that like manuals, Mitsubishi has already made the choice for us!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
    No friggin fogs on the LE?

That killed it for me right there. lol.
    For about $150 you can add the OEM fog light kit (MZ380713EX). These cars are all already wired for them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-06-2018)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    in the uk we can order these from the dealer automatic or manual car
    Is it common in the UK to have promotional pictures with the steer on the left?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Is it common in the UK to have promotional pictures with the steer on the left?
    yes

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I like how the UK markets the Mirage. When picking a trim level, you basically have to decide on manual/CVT transmissions & cloth/leather seats. It's a pretty simple choice. I sort of like the simplicity of that.

Part of the fun of owning/driving a small car for me is the manual transmission. Given the 2019 base model manual (ES) now comes standard with cruise & adjustable driver's seat, you couldn't add anything to the other trim levels that would interest me in the least.

For those who like automatics (CVT), decisions still need to be made. For those of us that like manuals, Mitsubishi has already made the choice for us!
    we now have 2 trim levels MIRAGE 3 or MIRAGE 4

https://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/ne...specification/

Country
    United States
    Thanks

It seems like the UK went from 4 trim levels to 2 trim levels now. Both the Mirage 3 & the Mirage 4 are listed as manual transmission. Are leather seats & CVT options gone?

I would love to have your Mitsubishi L200 pickup offered in the United States. Standard, club, & king cab options and a manual 4X4 transmission. I am envious! We could really use a small affordable pickup in the U.S. Our small pickup have grown so much. They aren't all that different than the full size ones. That includes price, too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    -6.5” Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) The radio on this is garbage and sound weak in comparison with the stock ES.

Can you take a pic of the seat armrest?
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

The Mirage 3 has a 60.1mpg rating, while the Mirage 4 has 'only' 57.6. Looking through the specs, the only difference which can be responsible for this are the 14" vs. the 15" wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    The Mirage 3 has a 60.1mpg rating, while the Mirage 4 has 'only' 57.6. Looking through the specs, the only difference which can be responsible for this are the 14" vs. the 15" wheels.
    The United States trim levels (ES, LE, SE, & GT) don't state a difference in CVT mileage ratings. I find the U.S. marketing of the Mirage to be a little odd, however.

For example, the lower level LE has 15" black alloy wheels while the SE has 14" alloy wheels. The LE has heated seats & manual climate control. The SE has automatic climate control, but no heated seats. If you really want it all, they are pushing you towards the GT. I guess that's not surprising! I would have expected to the higher level SE to have everything the LE has with a little extra added on. That's really not the case exactly.

Since a manual transmission trumps everything else for me, I am just happy they added the 6-way adjustable driver's seat and cruise control as standard equipment for all trim levels. You couldn't inspire me to trade in my 2017 for a 2019 Mirage. I really like my 2017 Mirage ES (manual), but there isn't anything you could add to this existing model that would inspire me to pay a premium price for a small economy car.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The United States trim levels (ES, LE, SE, & GT) don't state a difference in CVT mileage ratings. I find the U.S. marketing of the Mirage to be a little odd, however.

For example, the lower level LE has 15" black alloy wheels while the SE has 14" alloy wheels. The LE has heated seats & manual climate control. The SE has automatic climate control, but no heated seats. If you really want it all, they are pushing you towards the GT. I guess that's not surprising! I would have expected to the higher level SE to have everything the LE has with a little extra added on. That's really not the case exactly.

Since a manual transmission trumps everything else for me, I am just happy they added the 6-way adjustable driver's seat and cruise control as standard equipment for all trim levels. You couldn't inspire me to trade in my 2017 for a 2019 Mirage. I really like my 2017 Mirage ES (manual), but there isn't anything you could add to this existing model that would inspire me to pay a premium price for a small economy car.
    In the Netherlands there are 5 trim levels, Entry, Cool+, Active, Advance and Instyle. (Indeed, no Dutch names). https://www.mitsubishi-motors.nl/space-star/
    The prices vary from €12500 for the Entry to €20000 for the Instyle.
    Each trim level has some added luxury, and so the Instyle has it all.

The Entry is only available with a 5 speed 1L wthout AS&G. The Instyle is only available with 1.2L CVT with AS&G. Only the Advance and Instyle have cruise, but are not available with 1L engine. The 1L engine is (on paper) about 8% more economic, and so a desirable engine. But for some reason Mitsubishi doesn't want to combine them with luxury.