Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    we all so had 1.0 liter engines now gone

Bummer!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The 2019 Mirage hatch is FINALLY up on Mitsubishi's US site. Sheesh...it's only freakin' December!

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirag...icle-hero-area
    On that page I found this picture:

Name:  interior-images-of-mitsubishi-mirage-cargo-d.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  28.5 KB

That's new I think? My backseat can't be folded that flat.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No, it can be, you just have to remove the lower seat cushion lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any pics the chair arm rest?
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yea up north here in Canada their website is all 2018, and the mitsubishi dealership is like not much changed since 2009. I like the 2019 GT rims best, but I would go aftermarket on that sort of thing so my ES 2014 I own is good enough as it is...lighter than the new ones even with 5 more ponies and a new grill too.
    Last edited by dspace9; 12-14-2018 at 06:44 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I sort of like the Mirage (especially the cheap base level) as is. The only thing I miss in the ES (manual) is cruise, & it sounds like that is being addressed. The wiring is already there so why not offer it in all models? That may make the base model go up some, but they may also sell more of them. Compared to cars of the past, it's really well equipped for an economy car.

Thus, I am not all that disappointed to hear few changes are being made. Given the trend of Ford dropping most of its car line up, and Chevy maybe phasing out some of its smaller entries, I don't think it unwise of the Mitsubishi to sit tight and see how that unfolds for a car like the Mirage.

Even if a Mirage Crossover was in the works, it would be nice to see the Mirage remain. Someone offering an affordable, reliable, economical, entry level car should be praised. Sadly, the Mirage has faced some ridicule from professional auto snobs. Yet, others get its appeal! I've had mine for about 10 months now, & it has really grown on me.

It would be nice if the Mirage would get some tweaks in the future, but I would be sad to see it lose its identity in the process. The Mirage doesn't have to be the right vehicle for everyone. Just like I've never felt the VW Beetle was ever the right car for me, it has been the right car for many others. The Mirage with its little 3 cylinder motor makes it a little unique, & I sort of like that!

Being a world car is probably the best thing going for the Mirage. If changes were driven by the U.S. market, the Mirage would quickly lose some of its charm in my opinion.
    Is the cruise control wiring located in the 2014 DE base CVT model? Otherwise is a Rostra set up for me and its $560 with installation.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is the cruise control wiring located in the 2014 DE base CVT model? Otherwise is a Rostra set up for me and its $560 with installation.
    I don't know much about the 2014-15 models. I haven't even been in one. Someone else like Daox could give you a better answer maybe?

The dealer I purchased my 2017 Mirage ES from will installed an after market cruise for $600. I assume it's a Rostra set up, too. Thus, the price you quoted is similar to that. I've been living without cruise, but I miss it at times. I just did 4 hour drive back home from parents today. I like cruise because it keeps me from speeding. Thus, I do miss not having it at times. Otherwise, those 78 ponies (hp) just take off down the highway!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yep, it's there. You will probably need a new brake switch though. Check out my DIY write up for the procedure.

Installing a Daox cruise control kit & enabling in ETACs
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-21-2019)

We just got a bunch of 19's. There are a lot of differences between the Canada and US models. Base model es's here don't come with cruise, ac keyless entry or even a cd player. The Mitsubishi Canada website is a mess compared to the US one in my opinion.

Our's are all cvt es plus models. Still.
    To get a base model car with ac you need to get the ES model the select the "plus" package for $4000. That gives you manual ac, cruise(which is new for the es package), keyless entry/power locks, and apple carplay/android auto. There's no armrest or 6 way drivers seat in the es plus'.
    To get the 6 way seat you need to step up to the ES limited....that seems to include fog lights and they paint the wheels, roof, mirrors and spoiler black to give it that 16 year old kid's car kinda look. Oh can't forget the red stitching on the leather shift knob and steering wheel and red stitching on the seats because race car.

Then the GT gives you auto temp controls, heated seats,Fast key and hid headlights. Plus some colored stitching to make it go fast too.

The other option I see that comes with them now is the dealer just leaves all the writing and stickers on the windshields from thailand. As well as all the wrap on the fenders, roof, and doors. They didn't even install the floor mats or remove the plastic from the seats. Though all that stuff is check off as being completed in the pdi forms they filled out and left in the glove box lol. They forgot to keep their copies as well. The cars are pretty fresh though, built in march.

It might be just me but it seems like they rev up a bit more than the older models when you first start them. Maybe to prevent them from flooding out like crazy all the time if started and stopped frequently when cold. And they seem to crank over way faster, but that's only compared to couple year old 15 and 17's.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-11-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I gave up trying to keep current with the various Mirage trims in Canada after a few years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)