Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Smart man!
    I almost forgot, if you want a white car it's another $300.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (06-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We just got a bunch of 19's. There are a lot of differences between the Canada and US models.
    You really like these little cars, don't you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    We just got a bunch of 19's. There are a lot of differences between the Canada and US models.
    There are probably a few of us old-schoolers that might entertain the idea of a non-AC Mirage. If I wasn't married, I might think about it.

I don't know how they manage all of these model differences. Aren't there Mirages in certain countries that have manual rear windows?!? They must have a lot of strange parts bins at that factory.

...the dealer just leaves all the writing and stickers on the windshields from thailand. As well as all the wrap on the fenders, roof, and doors
    I'd like to see a pic of a non-prepped Mirage with all of the factory wrappings and marking still in place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

If I were to buy a new one I might pass on the cvt, I'd be a cheap ******* and get a 5spd stripper edition. I think the es base here come with only power front windows, like old neon's used to. That $4000 extra is almost 1/2 the price of the car before taxes and fees. Can buy a lot of beer and gas with that money!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

I'd like to see a pic of a non-prepped Mirage with all of the factory wrappings and marking still in place.
    I'll try to get a pic. It's hard to see the white wrap on a white car though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    You really like these little cars, don't you?
    Yeah, they're my favorite.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-11-2019 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Figuring out how to multiquote.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-11-2019)

Attachment 14781 and here is a double rainbow Attachment 14782
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-11-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: wth do pictures always rotate?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (06-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I gave up trying to keep current with the various Mirage trims in Canada after a few years.
    It's hard to compare apples to apples when it comes to trim levels.

Canada - ES 5MT / ES CVT / ES PLUS 5MT / ES PLUS CVT / ES LIMITED CVT / GT CVT

US - ES / RF / LE / SE / GT (only the ES has a manual/CVT is extra)

It's all very goofy. It makes no sense to me. If you want a Rockford Fosgate system (RF trim level), you need to settle for the base trim level, but you can't have that in a manual. Heated seats come in the LE & GT trim levels, but not in the SE. SE & GT gives you auto climate controls, but not the LE. If you wanted all the options (including the Rockford Fosgate system), it's not possible with the 5 trim levels. How silly is that?

Since A/C, cruise, and 6-way adjustable driver's seat is standard will all the Mirages, the base level ES (manual or CVT) has become a very nice package. That is a nice plus for the U.S. market. The Mirage is an economy car. Offering all these trim levels is stupid in my mind.

I would offer one trim level & make it very affordable. That trim level would include cruise, A/C, and 6-way adjustable driver's seats. Some things would be dictated by country requirements (TPMS & backup cameras for example).

This one trim level would require 3 choices @ the time of purchase -
    1. Manual or CVT
    2. Tire package (choice of wheels/tires)
    3. Stereo package

Thus, a person can decide how much they want to spend for a CVT, upgraded wheels, & stereo system at time of purchase. This is how I would sell an economy car. Adding more trim levels hasn't increased sales. Simple is better!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-11-2019 at 11:03 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-11-2019)

Agreed. It'd be nice if you could just check off the options you want rather than have to spend thousands just to get a few hundred dollar option. 5 Trim levels doesn't make any sense, especially for an econo car. I wouldn't even car too much about what stereo it has, I can't hear the difference anyways.
    I'd want a minimum of keyless entry,power windows and the air/tilt and cruise that should be standard on all cars in this continent by now But I checked out Kia, and their cheapo Rio comes standard with heated seats and steering wheel but doesn't have cruise!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Agreed. It'd be nice if you could just check off the options you want rather than have to spend thousands just to get a few hundred dollar option. 5 Trim levels doesn't make any sense, especially for an econo car. I wouldn't even car too much about what stereo it has, I can't hear the difference anyways.
    I'd want a minimum of keyless entry,power windows and the air/tilt and cruise that should be standard on all cars in this continent by now But I checked out Kia, and their cheapo Rio comes standard with heated seats and steering wheel but doesn't have cruise!
    My 1990 Ford Festiva was an economy car. $5,300 brand new after $1000 rebate offered by Ford. Designed by Mazda, built by KIA, and sold by Ford. No A/C, radio, power steering, power locks, power windows, etc.....

If that car was sold today, I would have bought another one! Having said that, I really like my Mirage! It's a luxury hatchback by comparison!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Power front windows with crank rears makes no sense to me. The only reason I like power windows is because you can open or close the back without awkward/dangerous contortions while driving.