Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Name:  mirage.JPG
Views: 19356
Size:  87.4 KB
    I was at the airport in Minneapolis browsing car mags and came upon Motor Trend's 2019 buyer's guide (which I also just found online). It said the 2019 Mirage would be mostly unchanged with the exception of a Limited trim level, standard cruise control across all models and silver stitching on the seats. Just thought I'd pass this info along.

EDIT: Apparently the Mirage is actually "unchamged."

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I sort of like the Mirage (especially the cheap base level) as is. The only thing I miss in the ES (manual) is cruise, & it sounds like that is being addressed. The wiring is already there so why not offer it in all models? That may make the base model go up some, but they may also sell more of them. Compared to cars of the past, it's really well equipped for an economy car.

Thus, I am not all that disappointed to hear few changes are being made. Given the trend of Ford dropping most of its car line up, and Chevy maybe phasing out some of its smaller entries, I don't think it unwise of the Mitsubishi to sit tight and see how that unfolds for a car like the Mirage.

Even if a Mirage Crossover was in the works, it would be nice to see the Mirage remain. Someone offering an affordable, reliable, economical, entry level car should be praised. Sadly, the Mirage has faced some ridicule from professional auto snobs. Yet, others get its appeal! I've had mine for about 10 months now, & it has really grown on me.

It would be nice if the Mirage would get some tweaks in the future, but I would be sad to see it lose its identity in the process. The Mirage doesn't have to be the right vehicle for everyone. Just like I've never felt the VW Beetle was ever the right car for me, it has been the right car for many others. The Mirage with its little 3 cylinder motor makes it a little unique, & I sort of like that!

Being a world car is probably the best thing going for the Mirage. If changes were driven by the U.S. market, the Mirage would quickly lose some of its charm in my opinion.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

chris alan (11-21-2018),timw4mail (09-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I like the cruise in all models. That was really the primary option that pushed me into a higher trim level. Maybe I shouldn't say that in case Mitsubishi is reading this. But that was before people figured out how to add it without too much effort.

I'm a bit confused by that little blurb from Motor Trend. Are there now 4 trim levels for 2019?!?

1. Base
    2. Limited
    3. SE
    4. GT

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I think Mitsu marketing should be more creative...not sure what these designations mean...

I think SE is sports edition- Really????
    Limited...limited what??? Limited horsepower?
    GT- Grand touring.....this is a city card right...

Not trying to bash Mitsu, but these editions make no sense for the car.

I think the RF editions was much more on point. Good stereo for the target audience.

I would have 3 models
    RF for audio differentiation
    MPG edition optimized for fuel economy
    and maybe a RT Road Trip edition with roof rack, fog lights, wider tires, etc....

Anyway more opinion from me than anyone asked for....any others want to provide the marketing dept some suggestions

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emdeplam For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-28-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I like the cruise in all models. That was really the primary option that pushed me into a higher trim level. Maybe I shouldn't say that in case Mitsubishi is reading this. But that was before people figured out how to add it without too much effort.

I'm a bit confused by that little blurb from Motor Trend. Are there now 4 trim levels for 2019?!?

1. Base
    2. Limited
    3. SE
    4. GT
    I was thinking the same thing. Is the Limited replacing the ES as the new base model, or is it going to be placed above the GT as the new top trim level? If it is the top trim level, what additional features is it going to have that the GT doesn't have?

If Mitsubishi selects 'Limited' to rename it's base model I think that may be a first in automotive history!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2019 Trim Levels

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Is the Limited replacing the ES as the new base model, or is it going to be placed above the GT as the new top trim level? If it is the top trim level, what additional features is it going to have that the GT doesn't have?

If Mitsubishi selects 'Limited' to rename it's base model I think that may be a first in automotive history!
    According to CarGurus.com, the 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage will include 4 trim levels. Listing them price-wise (lowest to highest), they will be the ES, LE, SE, & GT.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2019-M...e-Trims-c28516

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-30-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    According to CarGurus.com, the 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage will include 4 trim levels. Listing them price-wise (lowest to highest), they will be the ES, LE, SE, & GT.

I'll be very curious to know if the new LE trim will be offered with the manual transmission.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-30-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I'll be very curious to know if the new LE trim will be offered with the manual transmission.
    The CarGurus.com site lists everything in detail for all 4 trim levels, & you will only find the manual transmission (& CVT option) in the ES trim level. The other three levels are all CVT only.

You can click on "Specs" & then click on "Show Details", & you will see transmissions listed.

On a positive note: All 4 trim levels will come with cruise control and 6-way adjustable seats. The ES still comes with steel wheels with hubcaps, but the next level (LE) up is a $2000 jump in price. Please note: the next level (LE) will have a CVT, which adds to the overall cost. If wheels may be your only concern with a ES (manual), you can do a lot with wheels for under $2000.

When the manual was offered in the SE trim in 2017, some went for that level because they wanted cruise. I totally get that! I have not analyzed every single item. Adding cruise and 6-way adjustable seats for just a few hundred more dollars than the 2018 MSRP price of ES makes the base level not even seem that basic any more.

In my opinion, I feel the Mirage needs to underprice cars like the Fit & Yaris by a few thousand dollars. Mitsubishi could do a much better job of pricing these cars and not have to rely on huge discounts to move them off their lots. I really like my 2017 Mirage ES (manual), but I would never have bought one without the huge discount & great warranty.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-01-2018),Daox (09-29-2018),MetroMPG (09-27-2018)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

In my opinion, I feel the Mirage needs to underprice cars like the Fit & Yaris by a few thousand dollars. Mitsubishi could do a much better job of pricing these cars and not have to rely on huge discounts to move them off their lots. I really like my 2017 Mirage ES (manual), but I would never have bought one without the huge discount & great warranty.
    I got my 2017 Mirage ES for $9,600—thousands less than a Fit and Yaris (I also own a Yaris). I, like you, however, would never purchase a Mirage for MSRP. Then again, I wouldn't purchase any car for MSRP.

I saw a $17,000 Mirage G4 at the MN State Fair last week. I would never pay that much. Then again, cars keep getting more and more expensive. You can get a $19,000 Yaris all day (which is also insane). However, the Mirage is still one of the least expensive cars out there.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I got my 2017 Mirage ES for $9,600—thousands less than a Fit and Yaris (I also own a Yaris). I, like you, however, would never purchase a Mirage for MSRP.

In this part of the world, the MSRP for the cheapest is €9990 minus a €2000 Mitsu rebate
    = €7990 being about US $6790 official Mitsubishi price

The most expensive is MSRP €16490 (US $14016) minus €2000 Mitsu rebate or US$ 12325 official Mitsu price

You could see for yourself at: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.de

The latest brand new basic model sells from € 6798 currently about US $ 5778

See for yourself here:

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...6de8?cldtidx=1

or these here:

https://www.autoscout24.de/lst/mitsu...&cy=D&atype=C&

or here:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...DING&usage=NEW

Last edited by foama; 09-01-2018 at 07:32 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-27-2018)