Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd complain about more things but it's not fair to compare one of the cheapest car around to anything other than a similar priced car cheap to drive car. If I did that I'd be called a car reviewer?
    You know to much about cars to be a car reviewer! Plus, you need to be dazzled by all the latest trends in automotive technology. That way a person can buy the vehicle with the most responsive touch screen!

Ok fine. Maybe I'll just stick to reviewing make-up.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It may create a nice air flow in the car without the added wind noise of the rear windows being open. It could be called a "poor man's sunroof"!
    My 2014 Mirage has no A/C, and roll-down windows in the back, power windows in the front. So my point is Mark that if I want 4 windows down in the summer, and I'm driving alone, I have to decide before I leave. If it starts to rain while I'm driving, the back windows are staying down. So I leave them up 100% of the time.

I really wish I could open a back window a crack, as I drive. I wish Mitsubishi didn't cheap out on the Mirage ES in Canada having only front power windows.

Passengers in the past have found it a bit of a novelty, having the crank roll down windows in the back; so odd, and tiny.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    My 2014 Mirage has no A/C, and roll-down windows in the back, power windows in the front. So my point is Mark that if I want 4 windows down in the summer, and I'm driving alone, I have to decide before I leave. If it starts to rain while I'm driving, the back windows are staying down. So I leave them up 100% of the time.

I really wish I could open a back window a crack, as I drive. I wish Mitsubishi didn't cheap out on the Mirage ES in Canada having only front power windows.

Passengers in the past have found it a bit of a novelty, having the crank roll down windows in the back; so odd, and tiny.
    I totally agree. Our Ford Focus vehicles for our driving school have rear window cranks. If you are going to cheap out, put the cranks in the front not the back. I drive with my rear window down a couple inches about 80% of the summer. It's the one nice perk of having power windows.

I owned mostly cheap cars over the years, & I must admit I could crank the rear windows from the driver's seat if I really wanted to do that (especially in a small car). I wouldn't teach my driving students that, but I've done it in cars for years.

If you leave your window open while parked, I sort of like the cranks. Just open the door and crank it shut if it starts raining.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-24-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love that blinkers do that b

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is the cruise control wiring located in the 2014 DE base CVT model? Otherwise is a Rostra set up for me and its $560 with installation.
    I think the best non factory cruise is what Daox offers, if it's still offered?

If I suddenly won a lottery I'd source a new 2019 hatch, 5mt with AC. It would have cruise and backup camera, Ie, a fancier radio. No upgrades needed there. I might add alloy wheels, tint and a hitch for carrying bikes or one of those aluminum luggage things. I have no desire for color stitched interiors. lol. I am concerned the 5MT may disappear. That would be criminal. Unless I smoke my clutch I know with 100% certainty I'll never be stranded from a transmission failure, regardless of the mileage on my car.

Now I have the loaded '14 as long as I maintain it and it stays reliable I don't think I have any envy for new models.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Now I have the loaded '14
    Pictures!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I found out Mitsubishi uses a different charcoal canister on the 19's than on the 17's. Not sure if the change was made in 18' or 19' as we never had an 18'. The vent solenoid is now on the passenger(rh) side on the 19' on the 15', 17's they were on the lh side. The wiring harness still loops up and in behind the bumper cover though waiting to get pelted by rocks on cars used on the rally circuit. I took some pics, I'll try to get some from a 15 tomorrow and post the differences.
    It looked like the caliper bracket maybe different? But there's a good chance I'm on crack.
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-09-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fummins View Post
    i found out mitsubishi uses a different charcoal canister on the 19's than on the 17's. Not sure if the change was made in 18' or 19' as we never had an 18'. The vent solenoid is now on the passenger(rh) side on the 19' on the 15', 17's they were on the lh side. The wiring harness still loops up and in behind the bumper cover though waiting to get pelted by rocks on cars used on the rally circuit. I took some pics, i'll try to get some from a 15 tomorrow and post the differences.
    It looked like the caliper bracket maybe different? But there's a good chance i'm on crack.
    [attach]15650[/attach

Attached Images Attached Images