Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The 2019 G4 now appears on Mitsubishi's site along with the other models. The '19 hatch is still AWOL...

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage-g4/2019

Odd, because the hatch specs are on the media site:

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/chan...rage-press-kit

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Maybe they haven't yet shipped/arrived.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Maybe they haven't yet shipped/arrived.
    I suspect the Mirage will be a redesign in 2020. Various reports point to that happening. My guess is that the Mirage G4 (sedan) may remain the same for a year or two beyond that, because it appeared on the market later. My hope is that the future Mirage remains an affordable, reliable, & economical 4-door hatchback, but who knows?

In the meantime, I think the 2019 Mirage ES (manual or CVT) has become a nice package. From what I have read, all four trim levels will now have cruise control & the 6-way adjustable driver's seat. That makes the base ES model not very basic in my mind.

When they are trying to clear out the 2019 models a year from now, the 2019 Mirage ES may become a great deal. If someone is dead set against steel wheels, it's not that costly to upgrade to something a little nicer. There's nothing wrong with using the steel wheel for the worst winter month & using nicer alloys for the remainder of the year, too. Just clone an extra set of TPMS sensors for those new wheels, & a person is set!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-21-2018),MetroMPG (11-22-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I suspect the Mirage will be a redesign in 2020. Various reports point to that happening. My guess is that the Mirage G4 (sedan) may remain the same for a year or two beyond that, because it appeared on the market later. My hope is that the future Mirage remains an affordable, reliable, & economical 4-door hatchback, but who knows?
    I believe I shared this post on another thread on the forum, but it addresses what you're talking about - the 2020 Mirage 5 door - exactly so I wanted to share: They say the new Mirage might be a cross-over. Who knows if it's legit this is the internet ha...

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20.../#more-1634002

Like the Lancer sedan still exists in China apparently, the current Mirage hatch, maybe it is still being made for the global market for now, not sure, sedan is made a few countries now I believe the Philippines and Thailand originally.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I believe I shared this post on another thread on the forum, but it addresses what you're talking about - the 2020 Mirage 5 door - exactly so I wanted to share: They say the new Mirage might be a cross-over. Who knows if it's legit this is the internet ha...

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20.../#more-1634002

Like the Lancer sedan still exists in China apparently, the current Mirage hatch, maybe it is still being made for the global market for now, not sure, sedan is made a few countries now I believe the Philippines and Thailand originally.
    If the Mirage becomes a crossover, it needs a new name. Mitsubishi's reuse of old names seems sort of lame. If the Eclipse Cross has taught us anything, the name means something.

When Ford brings back the Bronco, we all somewhat know what that vehicle will be. Likewise, we all know the returning Ranger will be smaller than the F150. The former names mean something to consumers.

You would never expect Chevy to create an Impala Cross or VW to create a Beetle Cross. When you hear the name Impala or Beetle, it means something to consumers.

Mitsubishi not only needs to be creative with their future vehicles, but they also need to be willing to come up with a new name for them. This reusing old names for vehicle that don't resemble anything of the past is not a good marketing move. It would be ok to call a new Mitsubishi small pickup the Mighty Max, but don't call a new small crossover the Mirage. That's just confusing and stupid. Others may not agree, but I think Mitsubishi could do better with their marketing strategy.

The Eclipse Cross should have been small subcompact SUV/crossover that takes on the KIA Soul, & it should have been called something other than the Eclipse Cross. The KIA Soul is a hit, but some want one with AWD. If KIA isn't willing to make that vehicle, make something the consumers already want. Instead they wedged a crossover in between what they already offer. The Eclipse Cross was probably meant to take on the Subaru Crosstrek, but a smaller subcompact SUV would have been a much smarter move. Small subcompact SUV are becoming popular. Lots of baby boomers are wanting to tool around in something that's an SUV, but don't really need or want the large size & poor fuel economy. Young buyers who can't afford the larger vehicles are also interested in them.

I hope Mitsubishi stays in the entry level market with the Mirage hatchback & sedan offerings. Those entry level consumers become your future buyers. Unless a person has a bad experience, many consumers find a loyalty to certain brands. My dad's first vehicle was a 1960 Chevy. He's been a GM guy his entire life. It doesn't matter what else is out there. He's sticking with GM to to end.

I think Mitsubishi could have a future in the U.S., but they need to create vehicles that are a little different than the norm. That is what made Mitsubishi popular in the past.
    Last edited by Mark; 11-22-2018 at 12:30 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-22-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think Mitsubishi could have a future in the U.S., but they need to create vehicles that are a little different the norm. That is what made Mitsubishi popular in the past.
    I guess then the "I'm slightly different" air of the Mitsu brand roars on then funny thing, I'm not sure I like it either. Maybe drums up a little press and sales in the showroom, since Mitsu's other reputation lately is that they are done in the United States. Maybe they are on the up and up now, so I read.

I guess Mitsubishi has always been recycling their names on their products though, I believe one of the first Lancers back in the '70s was a subcompact. Even in a completely other way the 1990s Eagle Talon sold in Canada was a rebadged Mistu Eclipse (1st gen) I believe. Or like the current Dodge Attitude/Mirage sedan sold in Mexico since 2015 I believe kinda anyway.
    Last edited by dspace9; 11-22-2018 at 12:29 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It would be nice if they made a Mirage into a 2020 3000 GT of today instead.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I guess then the "I'm slightly different" air of the Mitsu brand roars on then funny thing, I'm not sure I like it either. Maybe drums up a little press and sales in the showroom, since Mitsu's other reputation lately is that they are done in the United States. Maybe they are on the up and up now, so I read.

I guess Mitsubishi has always been recycling their names on their products though, I believe one of the first Lancers back in the '70s was a subcompact. Even in a completely other way the 1990s Eagle Talon sold in Canada was a rebadged Mistu Eclipse (1st gen) I believe. Or like the current Dodge Attitude/Mirage sedan sold in Mexico since 2015 I believe kinda anyway.
    I can remember the Chrysler Import Mitsubishi's well.......Plymouth Cricket, Arrow, Arrow Pickup, Dodge Colt/Plymouth Champ, Plymouth Sapporo, Dodge D50.........They were good cars but rusted away. Used to be TONS of those on the road. Like VW Beetles.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-22-2018),poorman1 (11-28-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    I can remember the Chrysler Import Mitsubishi's well.......Plymouth Cricket, Arrow, Arrow Pickup, Dodge Colt/Plymouth Champ, Plymouth Sapporo, Dodge D50.........They were good cars but rusted away. Used to be TONS of those on the road. Like VW Beetles.
    That's interesting. Some cars before my time, others the Plymouth Champ I recognize as a "Dodge" Colt. My buddy's Dad back when I was in high school in the 90s had a Dodge Stealth. Which is a captive import of the Mitsubishi 3000 GT of the similar mid 90s era.. only had some cosmetic alterations.