Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Changes to the Mirage line-up in the U.S.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    Power front windows with crank rears makes no sense to me. The only reason I like power windows is because you can open or close the back without awkward/dangerous contortions while driving.
    I totally agree! I've said the same thing before, & someone questioned that. I drive most of the summer with the rear windows cracked open some. I like the extra air flow. I seldom use A/C.

If only two windows are powered, I would rather it be the back ones. Some our Ford Focus (behind-the-wheel instructor) cars have rear crank window and power front. It's stupid! It may as well be all 4 crank windows.

By the way - 1988-1993 Ford Festiva didn't have crank or power rear windows. You could pop the rear windows open like the back of a manual sunroof turned sideways. I left them open throughout the summer, unless it was raining hard.

I'm guessing they didn't have crank windows cause they were only sold as a 2(3) door in north america? I can't recall ever seeing a 4 door in person. Found this from subcompact's site http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...r-festiva.html
    I've seen 4 door cars with the rear door glass stationary on early 80's malibu's. The tiny rear vent windows pivoted instead. Great idea if your kids jump out of windows I guess?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm guessing they didn't have crank windows cause they were only sold as a 2(3) door in north america? I can't recall ever seeing a 4 door in person. Found this from subcompact's site http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...r-festiva.html
    I've seen 4 door cars with the rear door glass stationary on early 80's malibu's. The tiny rear vent windows pivoted instead. Great idea if your kids jump out of windows I guess?
    I should probably clarify. A Ford Festiva doesn't have rear doors either. It did have rear windows that pop open, however. Created a nice air flow for a car without A/C. I think some of the mini-vans had rear windows like it. I wasn't comparing apples to apples here. Sorry!

I sometime wish the rear window could be popped open slightly on the Mirage (or any hatchback for that matter). It may create a nice air flow in the car without the added wind noise of the rear windows being open. It could be called a "poor man's sunroof"!

I was intrigued by the new Suzuki Jimny. I like seeing what's out there. There are several things that I sort of dig about it! The one negative, however, was the rear windows. Nothing opens in the back of the vehicle. I wouldn't like that! I don't like having to rely on A/C to feel comfortable all the time. I like fresh air blowing through the car.

I just found a feature I'm not a fan of on a 19'. They have that damn 1 touch 3 blink crap. Sometimes it's handy but for the most part I like to be able to tell the car when the signal lights should come on not the other way around.
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Reading is hard.

Edit: I guess the 15's are like that too. I is smrt.
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-23-2019 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typing before thinking again.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just found a feature I'm not a fan of on a 19'. They have that damn 1 touch 3 blink crap. Sometimes it's handy but for the most part I like to be able to tell the car when the signal lights should come on not the other way around.
    I think my sisters 15 had that. I know my 18 does lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My '14 Mirage has the tap 3 blink feature. Handy on the freeway like the 401, where lane changes can be frequent, and 1 tap makes the job easier.

Also you don't have to use the 1 tap feature. The blinker works the normal way too obviously.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-23-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At least it's a feature that is easy to ignore. It doesn't prevent you from using the turn signal in the normal way.

My primary driver's ed. car (Chevy Impala) tends to blink one extra time when the signal is turned off. It really messes up 15.5 year olds learning to drive. In way it's sort of funny to watch them sometimes. They will sit there and turn the switch back & forth in both directions, & wonder why I can't turn this thing off?

I really have to tell them if the signal doesn't self cancel, just do one click back to the middle and ignore the extra signal. Sometimes, you can't assume the obvious with new drivers!

My pet peeve is drivers who don't use their turn signals. How hard is it to flick a switch on a steering column? For some, it's apparently takes to much effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    At least it's a feature that is easy to ignore. It doesn't prevent you from using the turn signal in the normal way.

My primary driver's ed. car (Chevy Impala) tends to blink one extra time when the signal is turned off. It really messes up 15.5 year olds learning to drive. In way it's sort of funny to watch them sometimes. They will sit there and turn the switch back & forth in both directions, & wonder why I can't turn this thing off?

I really have to tell them if the signal doesn't self cancel, just do one click back to the middle and ignore the extra signal. Sometimes, you can't assume the obvious with new drivers!

My pet peeve is drivers who don't use their turn signals. How hard is it to flick a switch on a steering column? For some, it's apparently takes to much effort?
    Well I just checked a 15' it's the same way. Whoops....
    Yeah I hate that too. I notice it's mostly people in German cars or Escalades driving around in their own little world lol.
    I don't drive these Mirage's often enough I guess. I've had a few times where I hit the signal by accident then it keeps on going for a few seconds. Look like a tard when someone slows down to let you in the lane your signalling to get into only to not move. That's what I was getting at. But it looks like most if not all car's are this way now.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Edit: I guess the 15's are like that too. I is smrt.
    I've owned my 2017 Mirage almost 2-years now, & I didn't even realize it was a features on my car. I just went out an checked. Sure enough!

You could have started complaining about this 4-5 years ago!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-23-2019)

I'd complain about more things but it's not fair to compare one of the cheapest car around to anything other than a similar priced car cheap to drive car. If I did that I'd be called a car reviewer? Or just the start of getting old and crotchety lol. I already find myself getting mad at young guys for driving too fast for my liking in residential areas though the speed limit is typically 30mph and they probably aren't speeding.

Mirage videos: