Thread: Lights out!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lights out!

Many of us who's got them savvy daytime running lights, have this thing when we pull up behind another car at the light or in traffic, look to see the reflection of our headlights in the other cars back end, you know , make sure they're still working. A couple days ago I noticed one of my headlights wasn't reflecting off the back of this one car, Oh boy here we go! just got this 2015 Mirage back in March of this year 35,000 on the OD. I went yesterday and got my little workout at the gym goin from 7pm til sundown, come out to the car, dark outside now, started her up checked for the one headlight only now it ain't on no more, only thing smiling at me was the pass side side marker light, again Oh boy here we go! 10 -12 min drive back to the house too!, gotta duck Waukee PD, nothing but busy main roads and those boys done had their lunch hours ago, oncoming cars blinking at me half blinding me. I happen to find a secluded back road with a lot of housing construction going on, thank God the fog lights were still my friends! made it home safely tho! That 2 pack I ordered should be in the mail today.

So just to clarify (I already know the answer to this, but others might not)...

You lost BOTH your high beams and your low beams?

Good thing for the fog lights!

Have you got it sorted out yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum and keep us up to date on how things worked out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    So just to clarify (I already know the answer to this, but others might not)...

You lost BOTH your high beams and your low beams?

Good thing for the fog lights!

Have you got it sorted out yet?
    Sure did! Them LED's I ordered came in Yesterday, popped em right in, had to alter the rubber seal protectors a touch but only enough that they still wrapped snug around the base of the new aftermarket bulbs.Name:  lights1.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  34.0 KB
    Last edited by LilMomma2; 09-01-2018 at 01:07 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LilMomma2 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-03-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you kindly sir. According to my mech supervisor he says it was a smart idea when I told him I joined the Mirage Forum.

And how are you liking the LED's?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice. Light up the road and signs brighter than the factory bulbs. They're also about as bright as these new pick up trucks' normal headlight mode, got me a bit paranoid if during night drives the oncoming traffic thinks I'm high beaming em. I also installed some for the rear turn signals. Nice as well, I just noticed the instrument panel turn signal indicator flickers a bit faster than normal, sort of like them old cars we got when the turn signal bulbs are burned out.

Attached Images Attached Images  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LilMomma2 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-04-2018)