Thread: WTB Pigtail connector

Country
    United States
    Thanks

WTB Pigtail connector

Anybody got a lead, or can find me a Pigtail connector for the front passenger side turn signal? done a lot of googling, and hitting up all the automotive stores, but no luck, and definatelly not gonna buy a full wiring harness for a couple hundred bucks. i wish our salvaje yard had some mirages to salvage from. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by lochdhu View Post
    Anybody got a lead, or can find me a Pigtail connector for the front passenger side turn signal? done a lot of googling, and hitting up all the automotive stores, but no luck, and definatelly not gonna buy a full wiring harness for a couple hundred bucks. i wish our salvaje yard had some mirages to salvage from. Ugh.
    Most full service salvage yards around here won't sell anything for under $20 but most of them ship anything. Your best bet might be to find a yard(on car-part.com) that has a mirage, phone them and offer them $20 or at least something to make it worth their time helping you out if they have what you need. The yard I worked at would typically just say no to small cheap parts cause most people wanted to pay pick your part prices and didn't understand that nobody works for free. They're not gonna send a guy getting $15-18/hr wondering around a 20 acre yard looking for a part only to have the customer whine cause they thought it should be 50 cents. We'd throw stuff in the garbage before that happened lol
    But if you talk to the right person you might luck out.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, if any of you has one, or can find one, put it on ebay and send me a link and I'll buy it for 25 bucks, plus shipping.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I doubt there is anything special about the pigtail. Have you looked into something like this?

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-67591-645-573.aspx

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I doubt there is anything special about the pigtail. Have you looked into something like this?

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-67591-645-573.aspx
    I didn't think of that, i wonder if it would fit properly?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    If it were me I would just go to a wrecking yard and start clipping connectors off of random cars. It is just a standard 904 bulb holder. One is bound to work.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-04-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I found a redneck solution, I had an extra rear tail light harness, and clipped one of the sockets off, and with a little trimming with an exato knife, i made one fit, so problem solved.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lochdhu For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-04-2018),Fummins (09-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    If it were me I would just go to a wrecking yard and start clipping connectors off of random cars. It is just a standard 904 bulb holder. One is bound to work.
    Good call. I actually did that with my sxs. Found a bulb socket from a ford ranger that fit my tail light perfectly. Not everyone is the same but they're not all different either.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)