Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CVT aux filter O-Ring part number?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So I called a bunch of Mitsu dealers and finally got a straight answer: Backorder, 6 weeks lead. Going to see if a place can measure the o-ring and custom make a new one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    So I called a bunch of Mitsu dealers and finally got a straight answer: Backorder, 6 weeks lead. Going to see if a place can measure the o-ring and custom make a new one.
    That's retarded. I wonder if they can't or don't try to search for parts at other dealerships? It seems every time we need something they say it's coming right from Mitsubishi.. At least if we need a GM part the dealer parts person will look all across north america if they don't have it in stock and usually ship stuff overnight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    One of them I called did search another dealer nearby because they're associated with them (of course, no stock there either).

I think Mitsubishi doesn't network together these systems unless the dealers specifically request it. It's insane, I have never seen it with any other company before. No wonder parts are so impossible to get ahold of.

I wish I could just go to the head office and ask there. Would save most of my time. Anyways, the wife's off in an hour to get it measured... I hope. If she gets the measurements I'll post them here and I'll find a source for a generic O-Ring online if it's possible. I think Buna-n 70 durometer should be a good choice of material.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I think it's due to no one else changing CVT filters except y'all. There's little demand for these things. It's like asking for a single radio knob.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yeah, I know. But it seems really dumb to leave a filter in there literally rotting away (as fummins found).

For what it's worth (which I'm sure will be absolutely bupkis) I sent an email off to Jatco asking them the specs for the O-Ring. I am sure the entire office will have a laugh after they translate it to Japanese and I will get the most formal, polite, and poorly translated "Go away" letter of my life.

Duh, I just had an idea. Hey maybe try a chevrolet dealer? The spark uses or at least used to use the same Jatco cvt I believe? The maintenance schedule for the 17' Spark says to replace the transmission fluid and filter every 45k miles. Hopefully someone would have one for you. But they'll probably need a vin number to sell you anything. Just look on ebay for a vin I guess. Pretty sure Nissan uses the same Jatco as well but I don't know what car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...r+gasket,10974 I'm not sure which seal that would be. Some listings I found list it as the suction tube seal.
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-05-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No way man. I think that's it. I'm gonna order that right now. Thank you SOOOO much.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The wife managed to get to a shop that sells O-Rings before I got the order completed and managed to get some! I feel honoured for all the help though, seriously. What a pain in the ass.

I think as penance tonight I will compile a list of alternate places to get this part so the next person that ruins the o-ring doesn't end up wondering WTF is wrong with Mitsubishi...

Unfortunately I still don't know the size because the shop just had a bunch hanging on their wall without sizing listed. Oh well. At least if you're lucky enough to have an o-ring store it's *something* normal they will stock.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Can you share the part number for the filters or kit please?