Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got to drive an i-MiEV electric car (and a Chevy Bolt, and a Prius Prime plug-in)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not ready to sell my Mirage just yet.
    That makes two of us.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if they make EV vans?
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Does anyone know if they make EV vans?
    There's a Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrid but no pure EV passenger vans in production. There are EV delivery vehicles, however.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    There's a Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrid but no pure EV passenger vans in production. There are EV delivery vehicles, however.
    I was asking for vans not mini-vans. So it does look like there are some EV vans then.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

next up: 2018 Nissan Leaf

Name:  leaf.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  88.9 KB

Friends of mine just got a 2018 Leaf just like this one. Traded an 11 year-old Subaru Impreza hatchback (5-speed).

I feel so old school!

He wants me to take him out driving to give him tips on maximizing efficiency, so I'll report back at some time with my impressions of the car.

Coincidentally, I also saw the first Tesla Model 3 in my little city a few days ago.

EV's are popping up everywhere!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

blownb310 (09-30-2018),Daox (09-27-2018),Fummins (09-27-2018),Marklovski (09-30-2018)

Wonder how long til the Tesla Semi goes into production. The specs on it are pretty impressive. If someone would make a capable electric pickup truck I'd definitely consider it. Or just take the model x, stretch the chassic,add more battery packs, cut the body off and ratchet strap and crazy glue(for extra safety) on a truck box or flat deck and a 4door cab.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not ready to sell my Mirage just yet.
    I've been driving a pure EV [2013 Honda Fit - pictured with my friend's Bolt EV] for five years now, and 60-k miles. I still have my '97 1.0L Metro but I only use it about 8 times per year to visit family out of state. As soon as my Model 3 standard is built this spring, I will sell the Metro and say goodbye to gasoline completely. I don't miss a manual transmission one bit. You get over that quickly. Honestly, when I do drive my 3 cyl. Metro, the un-counterbalanced engine is quite unpleasant. It feels like a old farm tractor.

Name:  36514083_10212525244666352_2445984128475070464_n.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  97.7 KB
    Last edited by blownb310; 09-30-2018 at 02:14 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blownb310 For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-30-2018),Eggman (09-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by blownb310 View Post
    It feels like a old farm tractor.
    That's a FEATURE, not a bug!

Hi, Mike!

Glad to hear you're still enjoying your Fit. I am surprised you don't miss driving a manual, though, knowing how much of a gearhead you are.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

blownb310 (09-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Name:  leaf.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  88.9 KB

Friends of mine just got a 2018 Leaf just like this one. Traded an 11 year-old Subaru Impreza hatchback (5-speed).

I feel so old school!

He wants me to take him out driving to give him tips on maximizing efficiency, so I'll report back at some time with my impressions of the car.

Coincidentally, I also saw the first Tesla Model 3 in my little city a few days ago.

EV's are popping up everywhere!

How'd you like the leaf?
    I'm starting to look a little more into getting an ev. It would be a used one. I'd consider new but there are zero incentives in Alberta or most of Canada. Used prices out here are crazy and there's not much to choose from. They seem way cheapest where they do offer incentives like California and Quebec.
    I used to think 100km of range would be stupid but in reality my commute is under 50km a day, plugging in everyday or two to save $100-300/month wouldn't be too hard. I'm mostly looking at the Leaf cause I'd be able to fit the entire tribe in it if need be, and they seem relatively cheap for a used one. Especially compared to a tesla.
    Has anyone ever imported a vehicle from the states into Canada? I'm wondering what it'd cost to get one shipped,and get all the paperwork done. I'd expect less problems than someone importing a rhd car from Japan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I liked the Leaf. I've liked every EV I've driven - the power delivery is smooth & strong & fun, and the ride is quiet & relaxing. *

(* Not counting my home-built EV made from a junk car plus forklift & golf cart parts. It was not particularly relaxing, and it took 30+ seconds to go from 0-50 km/h / 0-30 mph. :-D )

You haven't had a chance to try one (any EV) yet? Go test drive a new Leaf. The current version is just a heavily cosmetically refreshed version of the 2010 Leaf. The newer ones have different battery capacity, but from a driveability/ergonomics/platform standpoint, it's the same car. It basically feels like an economy car with an electric drivetrain.

The top spec one my friend has is full of screens and high tech features, so it feels fancier than most Leafs. The cheap used ones will likely be the base S or mid-trim SV, which are more stripped down.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-02-2019)