Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I got to drive an i-MiEV electric car (and a Chevy Bolt, and a Prius Prime plug-in)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    How'd you like the leaf?
    We took a 2018 Leaf for a test drive last month. It's a nice car. A bit pricey, though even with government incentives.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like the look of that leaf

I like the look of the new ones but don't really care a ton about looks. The range seems to be better on the new ones. But I'd take a used 15 or 16' with 20k miles for $15-16k(cad)from California. Out here they want $23k for a similar optioned and mileage Leaf.
    Or wait a few years and let the 2018-19's depreciate like a rock and pick one of them up. It's looking like importing one might be the cheapest way to go unless it's gonna cost over 7k for shipping,duty and activate the drl if they don't have it done already. I found some early models as low as $4000 but the batteries are degraded and have pretty low range. Replacing the battery would fix that but probably not worth dumping that kinda money into and finding a good used one might be tough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove an i-MiEV a while back and almost bought it. However, I called up the parts department and they told me a new battery for it was $14,000! That put an end to me buying the used i-MiEV. I really liked it though, would have been a great car for my wife to drive to and from work.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...