Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: all cars should have this trim.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

all cars should have this trim.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ford-fusion-s/

I recently stumbled on the 18 Ford Focus S. Comes with all you need but no fancy stuff. I love the fact it has pw in the front and all around power locks. I do wish cruise control and arm rest would be an options and would buy it in a second, but sadly its still a Ford!

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ford-fusion-s/

I recently stumbled on the 18 Ford Focus S. Comes with all you need but no fancy stuff. I love the fact it has pw in the front and all around power locks. I do wish cruise control and arm rest would be an options and would buy it in a second, but sadly its still a Ford!
    Not knocking Ford, but they do some things backwards in mind. For example, our behind-the-wheel Ford Focus has power windows in the front & hand crank in the back. If I was going to save money, I would reverse that. I can crank the front window by hand while I am driving. I open my back windows all the time for ventilation in my own car. I can't do that very easily with hand crank windows in the back. At least I don't teach my students how to crank the back windows up & down while driving.

Do you get what I mean? If a person can't hand crank a window in the front, they probably shouldn't be driving. I never saw a car that was half power and half crank windows until this one. Having said that, it's the opposite of what I would want.

I feel stuffed in our 2016 Focus. My Mirage feels more open up front. Thankfully, the other instructors prefer the Focus and leave me with the 2015 Impala for most lessons.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Not knocking Ford, but they do some things backwards in mind. For example, our behind-the-wheel Ford Focus has power windows in the front & hand crank in the back. If I was going to save money, I would reverse that. I can crank the front window by hand while I am driving. I open my back windows all the time for ventilation in my own car. I can't do that very easily with hand crank windows in the back. At least I don't teach my students how to crank the back windows up & down while driving.

Sorry, but how often most people drive with back passengers and how many times they put the window down? When I commute to work I never put the back windows down. Heck, most EU basic cars have no pw windows in the back.

Do you get what I mean? If a person can't hand crank a window in the front, they probably shouldn't be driving. I never saw a car that was half power and half crank windows until this one. Having said that, it's the opposite of what I would want.

I feel stuffed in our 2016 Focus. My Mirage feels more open up front. Thankfully, the other instructors prefer the Focus and leave me with the 2015 Impala for most lessons.

Sorry, but how often most people drive with back passengers and how many times they put the window down? When I commute to work I never put the back windows down. Heck, most EU basic cars have no pw windows in the back.
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    In Wisconsin, I seldom use A/C especially in the morning or late afternoon. I put my rear windows down some almost every single day for added air flow, except for the extreme winter months. I put my rear window up and down every time I got in the car today.

I drove my new Mirage for almost 2 months before ever having a passenger in it. Yet, I use my rear windows all the time while driving. I like the added air flow with them open slightly. The car gets stuffy fast, & I don't really need A/C a lot of the time.

Personally, I don't like power windows. Just another thing to go wrong. If given the choice, I rather have power on the back ones. I can't manipulate those while driving. I get why Ford does what they do, but it wouldn't be my choice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well with Jim Hackett at the helm the Fusion probably won’t be around much longer. They will keep the Mustang and maybe the Focus but concentrate at more profitable trucks and CUV/SUV’s. I had a 14’ Escape for 2 years as a company vehicle. Was ok but I would never buy one. I drove a Fusion for a day while my Mustang was having work done. It was ok but very bland and boring.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    If I open the windows in my Mirage, I almost always operate the rear windows for circulation. I'll open one front & one rear on the same same side of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Personally, I don't like power windows. Just another thing to go wrong.
    For me, the convenience equals safety.

Regarding reliability, I used to think the same yet I've never had a power window operator fail.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For me, the Mirage ES is the perfect level of "basic." Power windows, power locks (w/keyless), Bluetooth, and USB.

• I would've considered the Spark, but no power windows/locks on base model.
    • I would've considered the Versa, but no power windows/locks on base model.
    • I would've considered the Yaris, but no power windows/locks on base model.

I have a vehicle with crank windows, now power locks, etc. It's fine, since it's 29 years old. Personally, I'm looking basic, but not ultra-basic. I think most consumers these days want some amenities.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That centre console is a leg killer for me. Part of the attraction of the Mirage to me is I can have my right leg in the centre console if I like. I tried the Lancer and it hurt immediately. A lot of new cars have this silly idea that they have to put a hunk of plastic to the right of your knee and it sucks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Basic (09-11-2018)

The base Mirage in Canada has power front & manual rear windows. (Or at least it used to.. haven't checked the 2018 specs for that.)

Count me in the camp of drivers who regularly lowers a rear window (along with 2 front) for better air circulation. It makes a big difference.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-07-2018),Subcompact Culture (09-07-2018)

I'd never want manual windows in the rear again. Because kids.... Mine recently discovered that if you open only one rear window just enough it makes the most annoying ear popping noise. The crappy thing about the mirage though is when you lock the power windows it disables all the windows rather than just the rear.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)