Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My new OEM-size tires: Vredestein Quatrac 5

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Tirerack.com has been carrying 165/65-14 Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires for quite some time. Thus, it has been a topic of discussion. Other sizes are available, too. For those of us who live in the north, it's a decent all-weather tire to consider. Prices seem to hang in the $70-75/tire range. I doubt a person will get much more than 40,000 miles out them, but I could be wrong. I am considering them some day.
    Good to know. I'm still a fan of the Faulken tires and am experimenting with Hancook tires, simply because Faulken wasn't available last time I needed a set of tires.

Those Vredestein tires might not last as long as the Faulken Sincera but on a Delorean they sure do ride nice!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Is 30.5lbs too heavy for a tire/wheel combo on the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is 30.5lbs too heavy for a tire/wheel combo on the Mirage?
    No. That's probably pretty close to the weight of the 15" wheel and tire combination of a Mirage GT...

Name:  wheel.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  53.2 KB

It's probably a tad heavy for someone chasing fuel economy numbers or optimal handling characteristics, but you aren't looking for either one of those things. You just want to lose those Pep Boys hubcaps, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-24-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    No. That's probably pretty close to the weight of the 15" wheel and tire combination of a Mirage GT...

Name:  wheel.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  53.2 KB

It's probably a tad heavy for someone chasing fuel economy numbers or optimal handling characteristics, but you aren't looking for either one of those things. You just want to lose those Pep Boys hubcaps, right?
    lol hey they're autozone hubcaps! I got class. No the wheel and tire combo is for the G4 not the hatch. The steelies are a little bent and her tires are getting bald. I'm thinking 175 65 r14 Barums on those wheels I posted is a decent cheaper option.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you like those wheels and tires then go for it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Good to know. I'm still a fan of the Faulken tires and am experimenting with Hancook tires, simply because Faulken wasn't available last time I needed a set of tires.

Those Vredestein tires might not last as long as the Faulken Sincera but on a Delorean they sure do ride nice!
    I tried to get Vredesteins, but I couldn't find a supplier on the east coast.

I'm loving my Kumho Solus HA31's. Great Traction (winter rated), LRR and affordable in Canada anyway.... currently under $70 CAD (plus a $40 rebate) so i'm guessing less in the USA.

https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/k...olus-ha31/3996

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    I tried to get Vredesteins, but I couldn't find a supplier on the east coast.

I'm loving my Kumho Solus HA31's. Great Traction (winter rated), LRR and affordable in Canada anyway.... currently under $70 CAD (plus a $40 rebate) so i'm guessing less in the USA.

https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/k...olus-ha31/3996
    I've never seen those 165/65-14 tires offered in the States. I believe that I contacted that tire supplier when I was in the market for snow tires, & they would not ship here. That may have changed that, because that was a couple years ago now. We don't have the selection of 165/65-14 winter or snow tires options you have.

The Kumho has a UTQG of 420-AA
    The Vredestein are 400-AA.

My guess is the Kumho may wear slightly better. I don't really care for one-directional tires, because it eliminates being able to criss-cross tires when doing tire rotations easily. Otherwise, they look good for the price.

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is the only 165/65-14 all-weather tire that I am aware of here.

I sort of watch prices of -

Federal - summer tires
    Nexen - " "

Vredestein - all-weather tire

Nokian - winter/snow tire

If I venture outside that realm of tires, I would probably go with 175/65-14 Cooper or Falken tires.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    I'm loving my Kumho Solus HA31's.
    Maybe that's a tire for the Canadian market only? Some of the bigger places that carry Kumho tires in the US (Tire Rack and Discount Tire) don't show the HA31 as an available tire model.

edit - Mark beat me to it!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Maybe that's a tire for the Canadian market only? Some of the bigger places that carry Kumho tires in the US (Tire Rack and Discount Tire) don't show the HA31 as an available tire model.

edit - Mark beat me to it!
    White Bear still offers a 165/65-14 Kumho Solus TA-31 tires (60,000 mile warranty) for their Mirage customers, but I haven't seen that tire sold elsewhere. I haven't looked elsewhere recently, however.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've never seen those 165/65-14 tires offered in the States. I believe that I contacted that tire supplier when I was in the market for snow tires, & they would not ship here. That may have changed that, because that was a couple years ago now. We don't have the selection of 165/65-14 winter or snow tires options you have.

The Kumho has a UTQG of 420-AA
    The Vredestein are 400-AA.

My guess is the Kumho may wear slightly better. I don't really care for one-directional tires, because it eliminates being able to criss-cross tires when doing tire rotations easily. Otherwise, they look good for the price.

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is the only 165/65-14 all-weather tire that I am aware of here.

I sort of watch prices of -

Federal - summer tires
    Nexen - " "

Vredestein - all-weather tire

Nokian - winter/snow tire

If I venture outside that realm of tires, I would probably go with 175/65-14 Cooper or Falken tires.
    I kinda like the round black ones, tho I may be tempted with some white bits as trim just as a treat

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)