Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: My new OEM-size tires: Vredestein Quatrac 5

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that in X number of years (hopefully X is a large number), when you pass away, your next of kin are going to have to deal with a huge mountainous pile of new or slightly used tires?
    I don't have any extra tires for my vehicles except for one factory Dunlop tire with approximately 15,000 miles on it sitting in my garage. When a factory Dunlop tire failed, I bought a new pair to keep the tires the same on an axle. I kept the other Dunlop as an extra should that happen again.

If I sold a vehicle, it would come with 8 tires (4 summer & 4 winter tires). I don't have anything extra beyond that at this time.

I actually don't keep stuff that I don't use for very long.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    165/65r14 Vredestein Quatrac 5 tire update - Tire Rack offered $100 off a set of these tires, & I placed my order on December 23, 2022.

Total cost when I placed my order was $272.28 ($68.07/tire) + $14.98 tax = $287.26

I received an email last night that my credit card was denied (meaning the tires are finally in). Since I placed the order back in 2022, the expiration date on my credit card needed to be updated. I should be receiving them early next week. Yeah!!!

Ordering them today would cost $415.08 ($103.77/tire) + $22.83 tax = $437.91

I saved myself $150.65 ($437.91 - $287.26) by being patient (almost 16 months)!

I was hoping to try these tires out this past winter, but that obviously didn't happen. Thankfully, it may have been the mildest winter since 1877-78 (dubbed the year without a winter). I wonder if that winter was blamed on climate change, too?

My Nexen & Kumho pairs of tires are doing summer duty already. They should get me through this summer & maybe next summer, too.

A brand new pair of Vredestein Quatrac 5 will do winter duty up front next winter. My Nokian Nordman 7 tires (that have done front axle duty the past 7 winters) still have some good life in them. They can do rear axle duty for a couple more winters before I replace them.

Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires are back in stock @ Tire Rack. I'm glad that my Tire Rack order is going to happen. I had my doubts! Life is good!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-12-2024),Fummins (04-12-2024),Grumpy Bear (04-12-2024),inuvik (04-12-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I placed my order 10/24/22. I got the same card denied text and 2 emails. I switched to a different card and they claim they'll arrive around Tuesday! I bought 4 tires for a total of $398.77. I've still gotta get them mounted and balanced, but I'm just about to the wear bars on my original Enasaves...(supplemented by Wintermaxx)...wondering if I should keep on the Enasaves another season... It's been said that old LRR tires get the best mileage...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires are back in stock @ Tire Rack. I'm glad that my Tire Rack order is going to happen. I had my doubts! Life is good!
    That's good news Mark. Please post some pictures of the new tires - these are a hot item.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    I placed my order 10/24/22. I got the same card denied text and 2 emails. I switched to a different card and they claim they'll arrive around Tuesday! I bought 4 tires for a total of $398.77. I've still gotta get them mounted and balanced, but I'm just about to the wear bars on my original Enasaves...(supplemented by Wintermaxx)...wondering if I should keep on the Enasaves another season... It's been said that old LRR tires get the best mileage...
    I honestly believe any worn tire rolls better than a new one. If you feel safe driving them in the rain, I would use them up first.

A new pair of Quatrac 5 tires will be replacing my last pair of worn out Dunlop factory tires still on factory rims, but I won't be putting them on my Mirage until November/December. I will store the extra new pair until another pair of tires wears out. I usually buy tires in pairs for my Mirage. I wouldn't have bought a set of them, but $100 off a set changed my mind.

Given how tire prices have gone up recently & 165/65r14 snow tires have been harder to find, I'm glad to be getting them now. I've never used an asymmetrical tire on any vehicle before. I look forward to seeing how these "all-weather" tires perform next winter.

Given the long wait, one has to hope the tire manufacturer date on the tire will be very current.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dark Magenta (04-14-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since the war started in Ukraine, 165/65r14 snow tires have become harder to find. For those who use snow tires, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 165/65r14 Dunlop Winter Maxx 2 whenever you find them available.

The 165/65r14 Nokian Nordman 7 (both studded & non-studded) snow tires used to be easy to obtain. Once the war began, these tires started to disappear (because they were made @ a Russian tire factory for Nokian).

If the 165/65r14 Dunlop & Nokian snow tires continue to be hard to find, the Vredestein all-weather tires may be the next best option. That's my hypothesis about them at this point.