Thread: Hello!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello!

This past Saturday my wife and I bought our first new car and first Mitsubishi. We originally went to the dealer (I would actually call our local dealer a MEGA-dealer, they take up enough room and have enough buildings to be a small city to themselves) to test drive a couple of different econo-cars, especially the Mirage and Mirage G4. We ended up loving the hatchback and bought it soon after the test drive. I did a lot of research into the Mirage, right here on these forums, so I figured I should say hi.

Name:  sSC8uXOz-HJ6inQHjam3SPF2Okw6OiEmqkughqCM9n8.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  65.8 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleepyeyes For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-11-2018),MetroMPG (09-12-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Glad we could be helpful in finding your Mirage!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Welcome from a new owner to another new owner ! Hope you enjoy your new Mirage Excellent colour selection
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyeyes View Post
    This past Saturday my wife and I bought our first new car and first Mitsubishi. We originally went to the dealer (I would actually call our local dealer a MEGA-dealer, they take up enough room and have enough buildings to be a small city to themselves) to test drive a couple of different econo-cars, especially the Mirage and Mirage G4. We ended up loving the hatchback and bought it soon after the test drive. I did a lot of research into the Mirage, right here on these forums, so I figured I should say hi.
    Hello and welcome to the forum - glad to have you. Do you have any questions about your new Mirage? I would suggest getting an alignment - or at get it checked. This will help your tires last. That and maybe an engine block heater.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-10-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum - glad to have you. Do you have any questions about your new Mirage? I would suggest getting an alignment - or at get it checked. This will help your tires last. That and maybe an engine block heater.
    Had the dealer check and give me the alignment printout before I took possession. All good!

Was thinking of a block heater. While not as cold as some states, my area of VA can get a couple of degrees below 0, record is -17. Suggestions?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepyeyes For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-10-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    There are two great instructions on how to put in a cartridge style block heater. Its pretty easy to install and can likely be done in a half hour. Top Fuel has an amazing write up here with lots of extra info:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/4831

Webwellsdesign made a video showing how to install one here:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/2721

Personally, I oped for a 1000W circulating tank heater. It heats up the engine much faster than the cartridge style heaters. However, it is more work to install as you have to replace a heater core hose to splice it into the system. My installation is written up here:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/5783
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Internal combustion engines are most efficient when operating at full temperature, which is around 200℉, give or take. An engine block heater helps get up to operating temperature sooner whether it's warm or cold where you live. An hour's worth of electricity will pay for itself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)