Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CVT Filter change frequency

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Nissan sells the correct cartridge filter too. I can get the part number for you when I get home.

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...726-3xx0a.html
    Aamco used Nissan filters for both of our Mirages, with no issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-01-2022)

Oddly enough I've never replaced a Nissan cvt filter. I just drop do drop and fill fluid changes on them. The little nv200's have a different model cvt but I think it's still a jatco. More fluid comes out of the drain plug and I've never seen dark stinky fluid like I often see on the Mirages. The only Nv transmission I replaced was because it was ran out of fluid(external-not designed for N/A winters-fluid cooler mounted next to the rad punctured) and burnt out "as per dealer".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    https://www.raybestospowertrain.com/filters/515784 they have a list of stores that sell the part.
    Is that the right gasket too?

Havent gotten to looking at part numbers yet. Still doing a bunch of reading on cvt fluid change before taking action.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

It looks right-ish. Some of the cvt7's came with a different oil pan that had more or less bolts. I can't remember which, maybe it was the spark came with one less bolt for the pan? Something to keep in mind... I just got the gasket from the dealer for the work cars. Most of the time I re-used the old one.
    I don't know if that part # on your link includes the gasket? "*515XXX part numbers include one filter and no gasket. Image photo may contain gasket and multiple filter angles for identification purposes."

I don't have a car inside to count bolt holes and it's snowing and cold outside otherwise I'd look for you...
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I appreciate the prompt reply.
    Just being lazy hoping for quick answers. I'm just about to get around to looking at part numbers now.
    Didn't read the page just did a quick glance around.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avgjohndoe View Post
    I appreciate the prompt reply.
    Just being lazy hoping for quick answers. I'm just about to get around to looking at part numbers now.
    Didn't read the page just did a quick glance around.
    Go to a Nissan dealer and ask for the side filter/cartridge for a CVT7, it'll be cheaper than a Mitsubishi one and it'll more likely be in stock than at a Mitsu dealer. Exact same filter.

I have the part number for the nissan cartridge filter at home. You'll probably get the deer in the headlights look trying to buy parts from a dealer without a vin or at least a make, year model.

Mirage videos: