Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CVT Filter change frequency

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyeyes View Post
    Got in contact with CVT Parts Limited, they have a complete filter w/gasket set and will ship worldwide (sku: NCVT15OSK01). With shipping to the US it is ~$100 but this could be a real option for people who can't get the right parts from their dealer!
    That's more than the dealer wants here in canuckstan bucks. I'm pretty sure the filters are under $30 a piece which is still crazy for what you get. Need someone to do a bulk buy from alibaba.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...4ae957b1m69EvG

Last edited by Fummins; 09-12-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Tyrelirwin (12-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's more than the dealer wants here in canuckstan bucks. I'm pretty sure the filters are under $30 a piece which is still crazy for what you get. Need someone to do a bulk buy from alibaba.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...4ae957b1m69EvG
    For internal/external, gasket, and o-rings @ a change frequency of 60k for all of those. $100 isn't too bad. That is less than 1 cent per a mile maintenance cost. Now if it was $100 just for the external filter and o-ring @ a 30k change frequency that would be a different story.

Their site lists just the external filter for ~$8. Shipping probably doubles it but it does look like a good quality part.

What we really need is someone to make an adapter so that a spin-on transmission filter can be utilized. If oriented correctly, spin off the filter, fill the new one with new fluid, spin the new one on. We have any engineers with spare time on this site? lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepyeyes For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-12-2018)

True enough, for the home gamer. And yes an external filter would be awesome! Daox has a 3d printer...
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I wonder how many miles I could get if I just change the fluid every 30k miles and the filters at 100k miles. Its not in our budget for me to do it at 60k.

The one in the pan won't get plugged easily unless there are chunks oh transmission floating around. In that case you're screwed anyways. It's just a metal screen, more like a strainer. It might not be a terrible idea to at least change the little cartridge one on the side. It's relatively relatively easy to change. It's just paper and will collect little pieces of crap.
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-02-2019),miragefan17 (06-18-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Someone got directions, preferably a video, of changing the paper aux filters?

Attachment 15253
    1.Remove bolt(green circle).
    2.Turn housing(blue circle) counter clockwise and pull.
    3.Remove filter.

It is easier to see and get to if you pull the drivers wheel and drop the inner fender down.
    Mirage videos:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Attachment 15253
    3.Remove filter.

It is easier to see and get to if you pull the drivers wheel and drop the inner fender down.

Nicely done.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Attachment 15253
    3.Remove filter.

You kick ass as always Fummins! Whats the part #? Good place to order?

Can't remember #'s. There around here somewhere. Dealer can get filters but they are retards usually and will sometimes argue that these cars don't have filters. Chevy spark uses the same cartridge filter if I recall correctly https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ic,filter,8600

Mirage videos: