Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage needs a new blower motor, but auto shop can't find one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I'm sure then that your mechanic checked for voltage, just I didn't notice that was mentioned.
    That's pretty straightforward - voltage in should produce a spinning blower motor output.
    Looking forward to seeing how things work out for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

tbird89 (09-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, it seems like replacing the blower motor should be an easy DIY fix. It looks like there are three screws holding in the housing (in addition to the plug). If I decided to buy a blower motor and swap it out myself, are there any potential issues I should be aware of?

It should be pretty straight forward. Unplug, unscrew and pull it out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I was poking my head up under the dash yesterday because I need to replace my heater core. It looks like the blower fan is 3 screws and an electrical connector. You may need to peel back the carpeting to get the blower motor out though. There isn't a ton of clearance. However, that is still a pretty simple job.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

tbird89 (09-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds good. I'll order up a used one and swap it out. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Write up a DIY and get a free MirageForum decal.

Get your Mirage Forum decals! (and see if you can get a free one too)
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    They are very easy to get out. Three screws, one connector, and it just drops out.

Personally, I'd take the existing blower motor out of the car and put 12v directly to it before ordering another one. If it works fine, then your problem may be elsewhere.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-12-2018),MetroMPG (09-14-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd put a meter on the wires going to the blower motor and see if you get 12 volts.

One other thing people forgot to mention is the possibility of the voltage regulator being bad, providing this car even has one. It probably doesn't have one, being that things are all computerized these days, but its worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'd put a meter on the wires going to the blower motor and see if you get 12 volts.

One other thing people forgot to mention is the possibility of the voltage regulator being bad, providing this car even has one. It probably doesn't have one, being that things are all computerized these days, but its worth mentioning.
    Do you mean heater resistor? They usually work or don't, not intermittent. If you have to hit a motor to make it work, it's junk or there's a bad connection connection somewhere.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do you mean heater resistor? They usually work or don't, not intermittent. If you have to hit a motor to make it work, it's junk or there's a bad connection connection somewhere.
    My mistake. I meant blower motor resistor. This is what it looks like on a Delorean.

https://www.deloreango.com/us/resistor.html