Thread: Financing Vehicle - Minimum Payments?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Financing Vehicle - Minimum Payments?

When I bought my last car new I was told that I should just make the minimum payments in the event:
    I don't like the car
    I wreck the vehicle
    I lose my job and am unable to pay for the vehicle

At what point do you decide to make a higher payment to reduce the interest? How do you make your payments for your Mirage? At this time I have only made the minimum payments on my current vehicle and am in the process of canceling the extended third party warranty I paid over $2,000 for. Prorated, of course, but it will go back and reduce the remaining payments...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You wanna make the minimum payment for the first year. You wanna make larger payments if you dont like it. If you dont like it you would wanna trade it in and not be negative on the trade! If you have gap on the car wrecking it would not be a problem if you paid minimum payments.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It depends what is APR. The Mitsubishi dealer gave me 3.9%, but then lowered to 2.49% when I started to negotiate. At that low rate I'd pay minimum payment if and only if I want to keep the full coverage insurance.