Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Heater off, and it heats the car!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Its highly unlikely there is an additional door that i cannot see.
    I personally believe that is the case. There is a door you can't see.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's the door he already has, as it rotates, the back of it closes the passage from outside to the heater plenum when he has it in recirc... That's why the door rotates in an arc, instead of sliding to just open or close a single opening...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    It's the door he already has, as it rotates, the back of it closes the passage from outside to the heater plenum when he has it in recirc... That's why the door rotates in an arc, instead of sliding to just open or close a single opening...
    Focusing on the screenshot i shared in the previous post, the system is currently in the RECIRC position. The vent below the letter A goes to the outside. What do you believe is blocking air from the vent below the letter A from entering the cabin while the system is in recirc mode?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's deceiving, but if you put it in recirc as you have & get a small mirror & flashlight & look into the area below the letter "A", you'll see the top of the cabin air filter. The outside air comes in from behind the door as you see it. If you had that large of an opening to the outside, you would never have any heat in the passenger compartment. The back of your recirc door blocks off the outside air, that's why you have frost issues in the winter if you run it in recirc, as there is no fresh, dry air coming in... I have to admit I went out to verify this & I found my cabin filter really dirty... Thanks for chasing me out to see this
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-10-2022)

I have a couple heater boxes in in a crate somewhere. I'd go take a look but I'm with klroger until proven otherwise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)