Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 GLS Remote Key

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 GLS Remote Key

We have a 2014 Mirage G4 GLS here in the Philippines. We lost the main keyless remote car key and are currently using the spare key (not keyless and is manually operated). The casa is quoting us a very expensive price just for the key which I guess is pretty normal!

Is there a way to do this myself? Maybe buy a spare RF key and the software needed to achieve this as long as it's a cheaper alternative?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Anybody?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this procedure is described in the Owner's Manual. I'm also pretty sure that both keys are required to make any changes yourself. I believe this is intended to keep someone else from stealing your car.

I'm sorry I don't have time to research this more for you. I was hoping someone who has done this would answer. Looks like you could be the first.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Eggman is correct, you need both OEM keys in order to program additional keys yourself. Otherwise, it’s a spendy trip to the dealer. At least with keyed ignition system it’s possible If you have the FAST keyless system it’s not possible to program additional keys yourself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    When you guys say "both OEM keys", are you referring to the two keys (one that is a remote keyless with buttons and one that is just a spare key fob that you manually place in the center console before you start the ignition) that I receive from the dealer when I bought the car? So if one them is lost (like I described above, I only have the spare one now), I won't be able to do anything?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    When you guys say "both OEM keys", are you referring to the two keys (one that is a remote keyless with buttons and one that is just a spare key fob that you manually place in the center console before you start the ignition) that I receive from the dealer when I bought the car? So if one them is lost (like I described above, I only have the spare one now), I won't be able to do anything?
    If you have push button start then you have the FAST system and a trip to the dealer would be required. If you use a key to start the car in the steering column then you can program additional keys yourself providing you have both OEM keys.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    If you have push button start then you have the FAST system and a trip to the dealer would be required. If you use a key to start the car in the steering column then you can program additional keys yourself providing you have both OEM keys.
    Then I have the FAST system. So does that mean no locksmith can duplicate keys of this type?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Even if you programmed an extra key with your original two keys, it would not give you an extra remote to unlock your car doors. Correct?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Then I have the FAST system. So does that mean no locksmith can duplicate keys of this type?
    No, not that I know of.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Even if you programmed an extra key with your original two keys, it would not give you an extra remote to unlock your car doors. Correct?
    If I understand correctly the process registers a new key with the immobilizer. If the new key includes functionality for remote lock/unlock, then it would (should?) do so.

Or maybe I misunderstand what you are asking.