Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I would buy another

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    5-speed or CVT??
    5 speed. My CVT has been fine but the manual 5 speed in my OS has put the joy back in driving. Definitely 5 speed manual for Onyx's replacement.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    If I get 200k miles out of both of ours I would buy another. If not its Corolla time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    If I get 200k miles out of both of ours I would buy another. If not its Corolla time.
    What model year would you get? l'm keeping mine until the engine or trans goes then l will get....drumroll please....a 2010-1016 V6 Toyota Camry....lol....after driving a car with 70hp....l'll want something with more "power" later on
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    What model year would you get? l'm keeping mine until the engine or trans goes then l will get....drumroll please....a 2010-1016 V6 Toyota Camry....lol....after driving a car with 70hp....l'll want something with more "power" later on
    Anything under 100k miles honestly.

I'll buy another one - you can bet on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'll buy another one - you can bet on it.
    It's been almost 2 years since I first posted on this thread. I'm almost at 3 full years of Mirage ownership now.

I really like affordable, reliable, economy cars like the Mirage. Sadly, these type of cars are disappearing from our market in the States. Even with their much larger dealership network, cars like the Yaris, Prius c, Fit, Sonic, Fiesta, & others are disappearing.

I just received an email from Mitsubishi last week announcing/assuring that the updated Mirage/G4 will be coming here. There's nothing about the updated Mirage that would make me envy it over the one I have, but I am thrilled this car is still being offered here. If something happened to my Mirage, I would replace it with another one. Most of all, I am glad that the 1.2L, 3-cylinder, 5-speed manual powertrain hasn't changed. I would gladly take an efficient, proven powertrain over something that is more powerful, flashy & unproven.

Even if it meant buying used, I would never pay a lot of money for a Mirage. Being affordable has to remain a part of its charm. It's to bad more people don't embrace affordable, reliable, & economical vehicles, because the Mirage checks those boxes quite well.

Sometimes, you buy something new & later wish you had bought something else. That feeling has never come up with my Mirage. If anything, I appreciate it more & more as time goes on.