Thread: Cruise control disconnected itself is it normal?

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks

Cruise control disconnected itself is it normal?

Is it possible that the cruise control when it feels it cant keep up with the requested speed disconnects itself? I was cruising at 140kmh in 5th gear with ac on, than it began climbing and reducing speed at around 120kmh, then the cruise kind turned itself off dispit the light on.

My thought was with the ac on it didnt had the power to keep up in 5th gear..

Thanks

I can't say for sure on the Mirage but I have experienced cruise cut out on other vehicles that didn't have the power to maintain the set cruise speed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    It was kind of abrupt...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, if it cannot maintain speeds, esp on inclines, the cruise will abruptly cancel itself.
    (blank signature)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-19-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    ...if it cannot maintain speeds, esp on inclines, the cruise will abruptly cancel itself.
    That's interesting. I have often thought that a 6-speed manual transmission (with a steep overdrive) wouldn't do any good in a Mirage because it wouldn't be able to pull the car up a grade at freeway speeds in 6th gear only turning something like 2200 RPMs. I wondered if they could engineer a way to disconnect the cruise under such conditions. Now I know they already have.

I turn the AC off when doing any acceleration or climbing any sort of grade. This little engine needs too much fuel to multi-task like that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)