Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Texas!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    How is traffic in Texas? Reading this, I realized I don't know how the stock horn sounds, because I've never used it.
    It's REALLY pitiful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on getting your Mirage!

Agreed - nice intro post. That's a big change going from the usual "Texas commuter car" (F150)!! Unfortunate circumstances. But your fuel savings will probably pay a big chunk of your payments.

I happen to know that Daox had a batch of stabilizer bars made, and they're still available. No rush. And you'll be able to find more aggressive tires that will work without changing the odometer/speedometer and won't rub. Have a look around here or ask away.

PS:
    Thread: Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on getting your Mirage!

Agreed - nice intro post. That's a big change going from the usual "Texas commuter car" (F150)!! Unfortunate circumstances. But your fuel savings will probably pay a big chunk of your payments.

I happen to know that Daox had a batch of stabilizer bars made, and they're still available. No rush. And you'll be able to find more aggressive tires that will work without changing the odometer/speedometer and won't rub. Have a look around here or ask away.

PS:
    Thread: Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?
    I filled up for $18 yesterday with 1/8 tank. With my F150 it would be easily $50-60 and that would last me 300 miles roughly. I didn't know what to do with myself over spending so little money for a full tank.

As far as rims/tires go, what would you recommend?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Check out Top Fuel's post. Just one of many options people have posted here. It's a big topic.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKXII View Post
    How are your current tires wearing? Do you have two new tires on one axle or the other? Rear axle alignment has been a problem and we are determined to warn new owners of this.

Wear out your current set. Don't change your wheels until you have a clean rear axle alignment check from your Mitsubishi dealer. Then keep your eye out for a deal. Consider your local Craigslist.

Refer to the following thread for examples: Craigslist finds

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    How are your current tires wearing? Do you have two new tires on one axle or the other? Rear axle alignment has been a problem and we are determined to warn new owners of this.

Wear out your current set. Don't change your wheels until you have a clean rear axle alignment check from your Mitsubishi dealer. Then keep your eye out for a deal. Consider your local Craigslist.

Refer to the following thread for examples: Craigslist finds
    It’s still got the stock Dunlop Enasave tires. About to inflate the tires a little further to see how that affects mpgs and the like. Made a huge difference in my old Geo Prizm back in the day (which wasn’t all that different in size compared to this Mirage. I’m gonna wait till around my first oil change to go and check the axle (since the dealer will be changing the oil, per their lifetime warranty). At any rate, I plan on picking up the sway bar to help with the rolling.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    It’s still got the stock Dunlop Enasave tires.
    That was a dumb question for the owner of a new car haha. Sorry that I don't keep better track of our new members and their Mirages. I'm glad you get the idea.

About to inflate the tires a little further to see how that affects mpgs and the like. Made a huge difference in my old Geo Prizm back in the day (which wasn’t all that different in size compared to this Mirage.
    It'll make a substantial difference in the Mirage too. You're gonna like it. I keep my Enasaves around 45-50 psi which is beyond the 44 psi maximum pressure as found on the tire's sidewall, but that's my choice. Experiment to find what you are comfortable with. I'm impressed with how easy my little Mirage rolls along.

I’m gonna wait till around my first oil change to go and check the axle (since the dealer will be changing the oil, per their lifetime warranty).
    Good plan. Until then, pay close attention to your steering wheel. If you notice you have to hold it one way or another when going down a straight road, bring this up with your dealer and ask that they to check the alignment (most service departments need something concrete to look for and won't otherwise.) This type of service should be easily covered under the first year of ownership. I told my dealer that my steering wheel wasn't straight. They put it on an alignment rack, adjusted the front-end alignment and noted that my rear axle was out of specification (barely.) I got a new rear axle installed, fully covered. They even provided a loaner Outlander for the duration of the work, though I'm not sure all dealers will do this.

At any rate, I plan on picking up the sway bar to help with the rolling.
    It might be worthwhile to check with your dealer about adding aftermarket parts and how that will affect their warranty coverage, before buying and installing stuff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)