Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Texas!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Greetings from Texas!!!

Hey all, joined the forum a few days ago as a lurker prior to buying my new Mirage...and I have good news for ya. I bought a Sunrise Orange 2018 Mirage SE! I’ve had the car since Wednesday night and love it so far!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's great to hear, welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKXII View Post
    Hey all, joined the forum a few days ago as a lurker prior to buying my new Mirage...and I have good news for ya. I bought a Sunrise Orange 2018 Mirage SE! I’ve had the car since Wednesday night and love it so far!
    Hello DKXII and welcome to the forum. You'll have to tell us what brought you here. Also, do you have any questions about what you'd like to do with your Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are the Mirages bigger in Texas?

Welcome to the forum!
    Simplify and add lightness.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-23-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello DKXII and welcome to the forum. You'll have to tell us what brought you here. Also, do you have any questions about what you'd like to do with your Mirage?
    Of course!!! So last Monday I was in a 4-car accident and my vehicle (a 2006 Ford F-150) and another car were totaled in the process. Thankfully from what I know no one was hurt (including me). I was interested in buying a much newer, smaller car for warranty and gas mileage purposes and my ex-wife (we're actually on friendly terms now) suggested I look into a new Mirage. Someone she knew bought a G4, and it sounded intriguing. I scoured reviews on both the hatchback and the G4, and while most of the ones I read were pretty harsh, I also noticed what baselines the critics were using (and in hindsight, now having a Mirage, I know most critics' claims were either unfair comparisons or exaggerated half-truths) and so I took those with a grain of salt. I stumbled across this forum (thanks Google!) and not only did I find a lot of people (especially stateside) who love their Mirages, but also ideas for potential mods. So it encouraged me, and by then I knew for sure I wanted the hatchback. Fast forward to Wednesday, around 8:30pm CDT I signed the finance agreement on my first ever new car and drove it home!

My first impressions after a day and a half: I'm not gonna beat anyone off the line with it but I honestly don't think it's sluggish, considering all things. I have no problem keeping up with traffic (at 70-80 mph) and I don't think I've ever floored it doing so. I'm averaging right at 40 mpg, and most of my miles are driven on congested freeways.

I'm gonna have to check with Daox to see if he has another sway bar, only problem is that it'll be a couple months before I can buy it. I've thought about wider tires/rims but don't really want to throw off the speedometer or have issues with rubbing/tires not fitting right. That also will be a down-the-road thing as I want to hang on to my stock wheels just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Are the Mirages bigger in Texas?

Welcome to the forum!
    Strangely, no, they're not, but it's all good. I'm not exactly a small person (6'4", 225 lbs) but I don't even have the seat all the way back and I'm comfy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DKXII For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-22-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad everyone's okay.

I was interested in buying a much newer, smaller car for warranty and gas mileage purposes and my ex-wife (we're actually on friendly terms now) suggested I look into a new Mirage. Someone she knew bought a G4, and it sounded intriguing. I scoured reviews on both the hatchback and the G4, and while most of the ones I read were pretty harsh, I also noticed what baselines the critics were using (and in hindsight, now having a Mirage, I know most critics' claims were either unfair comparisons or exaggerated half-truths) and so I took those with a grain of salt. I stumbled across this forum (thanks Google!) and not only did I find a lot of people (especially stateside) who love their Mirages, but also ideas for potential mods. So it encouraged me, and by then I knew for sure I wanted the hatchback. Fast forward to Wednesday, around 8:30pm CDT I signed the finance agreement on my first ever new car and drove it home!
    I too was drawn to the warranty a new car provides. That, and it's a bargain both in purchase and operation.

My first impressions after a day and a half: I'm not gonna beat anyone off the line with it but I honestly don't think it's sluggish, considering all things. I have no problem keeping up with traffic (at 70-80 mph) and I don't think I've ever floored it doing so. I'm averaging right at 40 mpg, and most of my miles are driven on congested freeways.
    I've been able to average 50 mpg lifetime and I drive mostly city.

I'm gonna have to check with Daox to see if he has another sway bar, only problem is that it'll be a couple months before I can buy it. I've thought about wider tires/rims but don't really want to throw off the speedometer or have issues with rubbing/tires not fitting right. That also will be a down-the-road thing as I want to hang on to my stock wheels just in case.
    It's not a bad idea to drive it as is for a bit to see what you want to change first. For example, be sure to get your alignment checked either at your first service visit or at an independent shop - especially before shelling out for a new set of wheels.

Nice intro - glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to more updates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's not a bad idea to drive it as is for a bit to see what you want to change first. For example, be sure to get your alignment checked either at your first service visit or at an independent shop - especially before shelling out for a new set of wheels.

Nice intro - glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to more updates.
    I definitely plan on taking my time with mods. I think if I do anything about the ride, I'll probably start with a sway bar to stabilize but really take my time with everything else. I may want to replace my horn eventually because I hate the stock horn. Any tips on a 2-tone horn?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I may want to replace my horn eventually because I hate the stock horn. Any tips on a 2-tone horn?
    It's been a while since I've looked into this but I'm pretty sure the Mirage horn circuit can only power one horn. Multiple horns require more wiring and devices. Mine is still the stock beeper.

Consider the Fiamm 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn for a quick and easy installation. Or maybe you can get the one from your truck.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    It's been a while since I've looked into this but I'm pretty sure the Mirage horn circuit can only power one horn. Multiple horns require more wiring and devices. Mine is still the stock beeper.

Consider the Fiamm 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn for a quick and easy installation. Or maybe you can get the one from your truck.
    If I remember correctly most members that have upgraded their horn are using a relay to power them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I may want to replace my horn eventually because I hate the stock horn.
    How is traffic in Texas? Reading this, I realized I don't know how the stock horn sounds, because I've never used it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)