Thread: New to the forum, love the mitsubishi brand and the mirage

Country
    Israel
    Thanks

New to the forum, love the mitsubishi brand and the mirage

Hey guys,
    I was surprised to find that there is a whole forum here dedicated to the mirage (or space star as it is called here in Israel)!
    I have a 2014 (october 14, just about to turn 4) mirage for 6 months now, bought it with 46000 km, now i'm at 62000. Before that i had a 2007 mitsubishi lancer. I was looking to buy a newer car and as i started a new job further from home wanted one that is fuel economic. As i loved the lancer i preferred to stay with the mitsubishi brand. Gotta say the mirage answers the fuel economy big time!
    A few weeks ago i changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin air filter, cvt fluid and front brake pads. First time i did the work myself (with help from guys who know how to do everything) instead of a garage, loved to work on the car. Looking forward to continue doing the work myself, that way i know exactly what parts i have installed and the work is done with love and care.
    That's it for now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yujinius For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-25-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Glad to hear you’re enjoying your Space Star / Mirage. Being able to do maintenance yourself is a huge plus. Many new cars are so complicated that even regular maintenance items are a real pain. Simplicity is a virtue for me at least in regards to cars. I really like the fact the Mitsubishi has designed this car to be owner serviceable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

yujinius (09-22-2018)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Except the oil filter which is a bit uncomfortable to reach, but not impossible

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yujinius View Post
    Looking forward to continue doing the work myself, that way i know exactly what parts i have installed and the work is done with love and care.
    Doing it yourself saves you a few bucks, and you know it is done right! There is something satisfying about all that!

Welcome to the forum! It's a nice place to visit with fellow Mirage owners!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

yujinius (09-22-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yujinius View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was surprised to find that there is a whole forum here dedicated to the mirage (or space star as it is called here in Israel)!
    I have a 2014 (october 14, just about to turn 4) mirage for 6 months now, bought it with 46000 km, now i'm at 62000. Before that i had a 2007 mitsubishi lancer. I was looking to buy a newer car and as i started a new job further from home wanted one that is fuel economic. As i loved the lancer i preferred to stay with the mitsubishi brand. Gotta say the mirage answers the fuel economy big time!
    A few weeks ago i changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin air filter, cvt fluid and front brake pads. First time i did the work myself (with help from guys who know how to do everything) instead of a garage, loved to work on the car. Looking forward to continue doing the work myself, that way i know exactly what parts i have installed and the work is done with love and care.
    That's it for now
    Hello yujinius and welcome to the forum.

Great forum name, by the way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

yujinius (09-25-2018)

Hi, yujinius!

It's always good to learn how to do some of your own vehicle maintenance. You're lucky to have friends willing to guide you.

And there's lots of info here to help you do even more.

Welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

yujinius (09-25-2018)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

yujinius (09-25-2018)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Thanks everybody!!

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi, yujinius!

It's always good to learn how to do some of your own vehicle maintenance. You're lucky to have friends willing to guide you.

And there's lots of info here to help you do even more.

Welcome to the forum.
    They are actually some great guys i have never met before. They just help everyone who is willing to do maintenence/repairs to their car on their own. And they do it completely voluntarily