Thread: Washer Fluid Pump - Come on Mitsubishi

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Washer Fluid Pump - Come on Mitsubishi

My washer fluid pump decided to explode for some reason, no explanation, just split in half. 2014 mirage DE.

All parts suppliers had the part for the mirage at over $118, part number ending in 27. I saw online that the same part was available for the outlander (same model year range) for $9.99, part number ending in 17. By all accounts it was the the exact same pump.

The point of this post is that the ONLY difference between these two parts is that the metal power contacts on the pump for the outlander is like 20mm higher, so it won't snap on, there's literally no other difference (they flipped the pump direction too, just to mess with me). I pushed the pins with a screw driver so they were diagonally lined up with the connector on the mirage and snapped it on, and voila ... pumping water.

Why couldn't they just keep the power connector the same? This was one of those things where they changed the part, just to make it more difficult for the consumer.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arthurdents For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-25-2018),ThunderG (09-25-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurdents View Post
    My washer fluid pump decided to explode for some reason, no explanation, just split in half. 2014 mirage DE.

All parts suppliers had the part for the mirage at over $118, part number ending in 27. I saw online that the same part was available for the outlander (same model year range) for $9.99, part number ending in 17. By all accounts it was the the exact same pump.

The point of this post is that the ONLY difference between these two parts is that the metal power contacts on the pump for the outlander is like 20mm higher, so it won't snap on, there's literally no other difference (they flipped the pump direction too, just to mess with me). I pushed the pins with a screw driver so they were diagonally lined up with the connector on the mirage and snapped it on, and voila ... pumping water.

Why couldn't they just keep the power connector the same? This was one of those things where they changed the part, just to make it more difficult for the consumer.
    Thanks for sharing your experience, but I'm having a hard time following your description. Any chance you can post some pictures of what you are talking about?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)