Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mirage 1.2L (3A92)... MAP or MAF? Who got what?

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi cars that have both MAF and MAP use it for EGR purposes mostly. Cars can be run on either MAF or MAP for load but in the cases of EGR Mitsubishi uses the diffrence of the MAF and MAP to calculate how much EGR is being injected in order to correct fuel more accurately.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

foama (03-25-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 2015 Mirage DE has a MAF, going by the pictures. You can tell there's a little rectangular thing stuck on the front of the air box tube, not the round hole, if you look at the under-the-hood view in my Garage picture gallery.

We bought the car recently in Illinois, USA, and assume it's original owner purchased it in the USA, too, maybe in this region, but possibly anywhere in the country, as it could have been a student at a nearby university.

This is my technical statement on the operation of a MAF sensor:

It works just fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    Mitsubishi cars that have both MAF and MAP use it for EGR purposes mostly. Cars can be run on either MAF or MAP for load but in the cases of EGR Mitsubishi uses the diffrence of the MAF and MAP to calculate how much EGR is being injected in order to correct fuel more accurately.
    I thought the US cars (that run MAF and MAP) don't have an EGR valve. Are there other reasons to run MAF and MAP as opposed to just a MAP?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Out of curiosity I am going to bump this thread.

Did we ever find out why the N. American cars, which don't have an EGR valve, use both a MAF and MAP?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone had any luck replacing either the map or maf sensors? I tried to order both from Mitsubishi parts direct and was emailed they discontinued the map sensor and there will be no replacement. I got a P0068 CEL

Quote Originally Posted by Bambam234 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck replacing either the map or maf sensors? I tried to order both from Mitsubishi parts direct and was emailed they discontinued the map sensor and there will be no replacement. I got a P0068 CEL
    I've only had to replace one map sensor over the years. I have seen broken wires throw maf codes too.

What I would do if I were you follow the wires from the maf connector into the main harness and search for a broken wire before firing the parts cannon at it. Look close where the harness is zip tied(from the factory). Over time they chafe through the electrical tape and wear through the insulation then break the wire.

I also somehow buggered up the pins on a maf one time, not sure how but one was bent over when I plugged it in throwing codes.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Bambam234 (03-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It was late when I was checking it over I will try again on my day off. I am using the manual to trouble shoot that particular Code that’s what lead me to trying to order the part.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I will start a post cause my problems are all over the place and I keep throwing money at it and I am sure I am missing something.