Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Kia Niro hybrid as 2nd car - blows my Mirage away

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    Same with all the imports- they used to be motorbike-engine-powered turd-mobiles, and now they rule the industry.
    Yes! Mitsubishi and especially the Mirage stands as clear proof.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Buuuuut.... I have a 1968 Chrysler and it's in pretty good shape for a 50 year old car. By your logic, I can go buy a 2018 Chrysler 200 and expect it to still be roadworthy in 2068?

Obviously not.

It's one thing to say that 'they don't make em like they used to', but Kia has come a long way, baby!

Same with all the imports- they used to be motorbike-engine-powered turd-mobiles, and now they rule the industry.
    Virtually every mass produced vehicle being manufactured today will find it's way to a junk yard in the next 20 to 30 years, Chrysler products included.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    A car is a tool..
    a 9/16" wrench is a 9/16" wrench no matter who makes it, where it's made or what it costs. It will in all but the worst case scenario loosen or tighten a 9/16" bolt/nut.
    Some buy Craftsman, some buy Snap-on, some buy from Wal-mart.
    We buy based on affordability, planned use, perceived value etc.
    Each tool will serve it's owner without issue if the criteria for it's purchase was accurate.
    Which is better or worse is subjective. The Snap-on buyer will always scoff at Wal-mart tools, the Craftsman buyer will say the Snap-on costs too much for no added quality etc.
    To argue the point of what's better and come to an actual conclusion is impossible because we all come at the issue from differing needs and wants.
    Buy what works for you and be happy with it. Outside perception of your purchase is irrelevant.
    The OP made a valid (to him) statement using his experience with both vehicles and while some don't agree, his conclusion is valid for him. No amount of differing opinion will change this.
    We must support his statement and patiently wait for the inevitable post stating his realization that Kias are crap. LOL
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

craigq (09-30-2018),Tyrelirwin (09-30-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    We must support his statement and patiently wait for the inevitable post stating his realization that Kias are crap. LOL
    Oh man, such elloquence! You really pulled me in, haha!

Quite the hate for poor Korean Kias... good thing I didn't say out loud that my next vehicle is planned to be a Tesla...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh man, such elloquence! You really pulled me in, haha!

Quite the hate for poor Korean Kias... good thing I didn't say out loud that my next vehicle is planned to be a Tesla...
    A Kia ain't much, but it's better than walking. It seem like only yesterday when Kia was doing the buy one get one free promotion. That told me everything I ever needed to know about Kia.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    It seem like only yesterday when Kia was doing the buy one get one free promotion.
    Ha! I totally forgot about that! What a deal...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

One Nissan dealer in Ontario was doing a promo earlier this year: Buy a Titan pick-up truck, get a free Micra in the bed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

craigq (10-02-2018),Tyrelirwin (10-03-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    One Nissan dealer in Ontario was doing a promo earlier this year: Buy a Titan pick-up truck, get a free Micra in the bed.
    I remember that.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Took the Niro on a 2,500km trip through the mountains to Vancouver and back. It averaged 4.7L/100km with temperatures from 0 to 10 Celcius, following the speed limits. Including the 120km/hr on the Coq.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrelirwin For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-16-2018)

Translating for the American contingent:

4.7L/100km = 50 mpg US
    0 to 10 Celcius = 30-50 F
    up to 120 km/h = 75 mph

That's impressive given the speeds & temperatures.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Tyrelirwin (10-19-2018)