Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U.S.: Brutal review of the Mirage G4 CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    i don't think i have that on my 14 mirage - or do i ?
    Yes, page through the display until you get to the miles remaining before empty, hold the button in and it will switch to “B”. Then it will show the B miles before empty and the next push of the button will give the “B” average which remains until you reset it by pushing in the button and holding until it resets to zero. It never resets until you manually reset it. So if you’ve never done it, it will show the mpg’s for the lifetime of the vehicle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

craigq (09-28-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Naw man, in my 2018 with the thing on full defrost max heat blower on high it will NOT defrost the top half of the window no matter what I try. Car ends up being uncomfortably warm before the fog comes off the upper 6". Blower is bull**** in these things and I will upgrade it one day somehow.

[QUOTE=craigq;76758]
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Attachment 12763

• AC... has the blowing power equivalent to that of a broken desk fan
    • atrocious driving dynamics
    • small bumps and potholes become an ordeal

1. A/C in mine is fine. Better than in our Forester XT (second Forester with less than impressive A/C, both our 2015 and 2017 don’t feel like they’re worth the cash outlay)
    2. Drives like a go-kart what is your problem ? Short wheel base etc. Can feel pitchy but it’s a go-kart.
    3. Never drove a Golf R with 35 series 19” wheels have you ? Then you’d see how much an ordeal bumps become. Worrying about ruining a $400 wheel and $400 tire on Ottawa streets...

I have a dislike of car “reviewers”. Sorry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    i don't think i have that on my 14 mirage - or do i ?
    I bet a lot of owners don't know they have 2 distinct MPG / fuel economy gauges:

Thread: Your Mirage has TWO fuel economy gauges, (A & B) in the multi information display

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I knew it, but rarely thought about it. Apparently, I reset it at some point. Checked it yesterday and with something like 5500 miles, my mixed average is 34.6 mpg. Considering that includes periods of not driving efficiently, as well as 100+ autocross runs, I'm okay with it. I opted to not reset it...

Meanwhile, my A meter has shown a lot of 50+ mpg trips lately. Including 52.1 out and 52.9 back on a 42 mile trip today. Not bad considering the tires I'm on. (195/50-15 sticky summer tires)
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    wait how did he do 27mpg?

My wife and I live in the mountains, we both have lead feet, we both drive our Mirage like it is a little race car, and I also have the added bonus of being a really aggressive highway driver (grew up in southern New England). We still average 35mpg. We would probably do a lot better if we tried.