Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine code P0183 (fuel temperature sensor) SOLVED

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Engine code P0183 (fuel temperature sensor) SOLVED

Driving home from work today, and my service engine soon light popped on. My scanner only goes up to 2013, so I whipped into an Advance Auto parts store for a free code readout. P0183, fuel temperature sensor A circuit high input.
    Anybody seen this yet? Fummins? Not seeing anything with a quick Google search.

I just reached 60 mpg on the dash readout on the way to work. Approx 25 mile trip. First time ever. Been consistently getting 45-46.75 with the ac, measured at each fillup, hand calculated, not dash guesstimate. This is a 2014, ES model with CVT and AC. When I got the car, the previous owners dash readout was like 38 mpg. They must have had a lead foot.

Last edited by MetroMPG; 09-30-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: (added info to title)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Am I the first one to be blessed with this issue?
    Hello..... Is anyone out there? All I hear is Crickets...... LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Am I the first one to be blessed with this issue?
    Hello..... Is anyone out there? All I hear is Crickets...... LOL
    You might be. It certainly isn’t common and now that you’ve cleared it and it hasn’t come up again I wouldn’t worry about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For what it's worth, the service manual refers to code P0183 as related to a fuel temperature sensor located in the fuel tank adjacent to the fuel pump. It includes some info on troubleshooting this code. I've never seen anyone on this board mention this code before.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If that's where the sensor is, were you low on fuel? The only cooling for the fuel pump is fuel. If you run really low, it can cause the fuel pump to get hot.
    Simplify and add lightness.

I've never seen that one before. Can't say I knew there was a temp sensor for the fuel. There is a sensor that I assumed was a low level sensor on the pump assembly that looks like a little pill. Maybe that's the temp sensor? Hope the light stays out.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...whipped into an Advance Auto parts store for a free code readout
    ...P0183, fuel temperature sensor A circuit high input.
    Did they at least clear the code for you? That way you can see if it comes back on and then worry about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. Tank was almost full. Kid at Advance said they aren't allowed to erase codes anymore. I have an older, more generic code reader that I don't have to input the car model into. Maybe I'll dig it up later today and try to erase the code.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. Tank was almost full. Kid at Advance said they aren't allowed to erase codes anymore. I have an older, more generic code reader that I don't have to input the car model into. Maybe I'll dig it up later today and try to erase the code.
    I hear they aren't allowed to erase codes, but if you ask, they might allow you to erase the code using their device.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Couldn't find my old code reader, so I went by an Oreillys auto parts store today. They came up with the same code, and same story about not being able to erase the code. Guess I can always disconnect the battery, but I didn't really want to do that.