Thread: No G4 Yet!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

No G4 Yet!

Earlier posts I discussed the family purchasing a G4 to add along with our 2 hatches. Previously wrote a test drive on the G4 and discussed depreciation. We got rid of another family vehicle and seem to be getting by without the replacement. The G4 would have been the replacement vehicle. The new car price with rebates and incentives were not enough to make us rush instantly.

We are now in a holding pattern to see how the family adjusts to one less vehicle. We do have a reliable pickup in a pinch.

I was also thinking about a used G4 I did see a few retail after seeing them I would rather go new and take the deprecation hit unless I found one someone was selling outright like a middle age to older person. Some of the stuff they sell retail at dealers with serious flaws is amazing. I saw a 2018 G4 CVT 5000 miles clean carfax and the inside was already beat and the body had dings and serious paint chips and they were asking only 400 less OTD the a brand new manual with rebates and incentives. Saw another g4 missing 2 hubcaps and it had serious curb scratches again not much below new. Crazy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I have never purchased new. My car acquiring process usually seems to take about 6 months. I'm pretty picky. I setup craigslist email notifications for things I'm interested in as well as cars.com and autotrader. When the right vehicle crosses my path I pounce on it. Thats how I got my Mirage for the cheapest I've heard of (minus maybe a salvage find).

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)