Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Fellow Mirage peoples

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello Fellow Mirage peoples

As of 5pm last night October 4th, I am the official owner of a 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage SE. I just accepted a position where I will be commuting almost 100 miles round trip per day and the Mirage promises to give me excellent gas mileage. Horrible experience with taking delivery. But I got a smoking deal on mine. Had only 25 miles on it. That will quickly change. I am estimating an oil change about every 6 weeks or so. I am looking forward to adding some custom creature features soon.. No pictures yet since it has been raining since I picked it up, but soon enough..

Last edited by iriegnome; 10-10-2018 at 09:04 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iriegnome For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-05-2018),inuvik (10-05-2018),Top_Fuel (10-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site iriegnome, and congrats on the new Mirage.

I hope the new position pays mileage!

Where are you in Wisconsin? There are a few of us in southeastern Wisconsin and we even did a meet this summer.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Welcome! Standard oil change interval on these cars is 7,500 miles, and personally I think that is conservative. I put about 100-150 miles a day on mine five days a week, and change my oil about every three months.

If your car is going to be a freeway commuter, you should think about adding factory cruise control to your ES. It's pretty easy, and there are threads on the topic here on the forum.

Welcome, iriegnome !

Which transmission did you get?

(Pardon my ignorance if that's obvious from the trim selected... I honestly haven't kept up with the U.S. trims.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Hello iriegnome and welcome to the forum.

With the miles you will put on your Mirage, you could easily use the 7,500 mile oil change interval (keep records.) Once you are past warranty I'm sure you could extend oil changes even further with quality lubricants & filters, and have samples tested every now and then. Look up Blackstone Labs for more information.

Let us know why you chose a Mirage, or if this forum had any influence on your decision. I would suggest you look in to two things:
    1. Get your alignment checked at the dealership (and have them do the first oil change )
    2. Definitely look into enabling your cruise control.

Welcome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    (Pardon my ignorance if that's obvious from the trim selected... I honestly haven't kept up with the U.S. trims.)
    At this point, the SE and GT trims have CVT as the only option. So you aren't wrong to ask.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    1. Get your alignment checked at the dealership
    This is important. If you haven't seen the discussion here, many owners have had rear axles out of spec, which will have you eating up tires too quickly (plus worse MPG and handling). It's would be a warranty issue but you have to have the alignment checked to take any action.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update, My Mirage is a SE not an ES. I have had it now for 6 days. 500 miles on it already! Averaging about 47.4 mpg. Not the most comfortable of cars to get used to, but not horrible. Don't really mind driving it all that much. Looking forward to seeing how this handles the extreme weather swings we have here in the upper mid-west. Snow, Ice, -20+ days.. I do wish it had more in the way of a center console. That would be very nice. Also, the Android hook up thing I have not been able to figure out yet. Attachment 12854

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    Update, My Mirage is a SE not an ES. I have had it now for 6 days. 500 miles on it already! Averaging about 47.4 mpg. Not the most comfortable of cars to get used to, but not horrible. Don't really mind driving it all that much. Looking forward to seeing how this handles the extreme weather swings we have here in the upper mid-west. Snow, Ice, -20+ days.. I do wish it had more in the way of a center console. That would be very nice. Also, the Android hook up thing I have not been able to figure out yet. Attachment 12854
    Android Auto requires a version of android greater than 5 (Lollipop), and the Android Auto app from the Google Play store. Then you just plug the phone in, and you have a few apps you can use with it.

See: https://www.android.com/auto/faq/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (10-11-2018),MetroMPG (10-11-2018)