Thread: Replaced front speaker now driver window Auto up/down doesn't work

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Replaced front speaker now driver window Auto up/down doesn't work

Hey guys,

I replaced all 4 speakers in my car over the weekend, I believe I hooked everything up correctly and everything works except for now my drivers side Auto up/down feature doesn't work. The window will still go up and down but not one touch auto like before. It was working before I swapped speakers. I'm at work right now so can't check, but any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Press and hold the switch. It's in the Owner's Manual somewhere.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Eggman: You mean the auto up/down feature can be turned on & off?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I fixed it on my lunch break. Found the instructions elsewhere online but yes, as Eggman stated, really easy:

Door closed, press and hold window down, once fully down, keep holding switch down for 2 seconds. Then pressed and hold switch to put window Up, once window was UP, keep holding switch to UP for about 2 seconds. Worked fine after that!

Also FYI, I did not disconnect my battery during speaker install but I guess disconnecting the switch when taking the door card off has the same effect.

Thanks again!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusher47 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Eggman: You mean the auto up/down feature can be turned on & off?
    Not through ETACS if that is what you are asking, but by disconnecting the switch on the driver's door (it appears to be a function of the switch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher47 View Post
    I fixed it on my lunch break. Found the instructions elsewhere online but yes, as Eggman stated, really easy:

Door closed, press and hold window down, once fully down, keep holding switch down for 2 seconds. Then pressed and hold switch to put window Up, once window was UP, keep holding switch to UP for about 2 seconds. Worked fine after that!

Also FYI, I did not disconnect my battery during speaker install but I guess disconnecting the switch when taking the door card off has the same effect.

Thanks again!
    I apologize for my terse response, it was done on my phone during my lunch break. Glad you got it figured out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup. I had to do this when fixing my power window motor.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher47 View Post
    Thanks again!
    Your avatar cracks me up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Crusher47 (10-17-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Your avatar cracks me up.
    Yeah me too.... especially his mannerisms and language on the show... Comedy gold for a non comedy show

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Dredging up a very valuable thread. Potentially under appreciated. I found this thread on a search.

I've been having various vehicle and home problems lately. A/C just about burnded (yes, burnded) down my house a couple days ago, and my big blue performance sport Ram seized a friggin caliper while up at my dad's house. I had to leave it there and drive his truck back home. I wound up replacing the shocks on his truck, etc. Just lots of non Mirage stuff. So, with that said, I have not being driving the Lil' Big Rig lately. Until today.

The last time I messed with it, I installed the towing wire harness. To do so, I disconnected the negative lead, and tore into the trunk trim like a bull in a China shop ... breaking a lot of stuff.

Upon driving the Lil' Big Rig this morning, the auto-Up/Down driver's window would not work. I haven't fixed this problem yet, but this thread splains how to do it. I'll do this procedure during lunch time. I wanted to dredge this thread up to give it value, and to say THANKS to the members above for this valuable thread.

P.S. - I changed my car's name from Blueberry Vomit to Lil' Big Rig. Because as soon as friggin Amazon will deliver my hitch, it turns into my Lil' Big Rig towing truckster.

Last edited by 7milesout; 07-15-2021 at 01:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-15-2021)