Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traded her in

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Traded her in

Well not the G4 but my 2009 Corvette for a 2018 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack, A10 transmission, Magneride and Active valve Exhaust. Car is a beast and a blast to drive. With the performance pack and Magneride suspension the car feels like it’s on rails. Totally awesome! No dealers in my area had the options I was looking for so I drove the Corvette up and Mustang back for a total of 29 hours round trip from Florida to Maryland. With the dealerships discount and Fords cash back I got $10k off. I traded my 2015 Mustang GT for the Corvette because I always wanted one but it never felt like a good fit for me. So I started looking at Mustangs again. Keeping the G4 for going back and forth to work etc.Name:  4F1FD778-5472-4D7B-9B2B-7ECC12CA6C56.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  98.9 KBName:  D3EFEDF5-AF8D-4D04-A94F-8E2421164D54.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  97.7 KB

Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by FloridaG4; 10-14-2018 at 03:39 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FloridaG4 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-14-2018),fc321 (10-14-2018),Fummins (10-16-2018),inuvik (10-14-2018),Marklovski (10-14-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    A 2018 Mirage, a 2009 Corvette and a 2018 Mustang. That pretty much covers the spectrum of cars today. Nice rides.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL yep. I want a gas sipping easy to work on simple car for work because it's basic transportation and i like to have a nice toy for weekends/ nice days off and an occasional long trip/holiday/visit kids car.

I like all kinds of vehicles. I appreciate different cars/trucks for their intended purpose. I appreciate the G4 for what it is and enjoy driving it as much as any sports car/motorcycle i have or have owned in the past.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FloridaG4 For This Useful Post:

craigq (10-14-2018),Daox (10-15-2018),MetroMPG (10-16-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    I like all kinds of vehicles. I appreciate different cars/trucks for their intended purpose. I appreciate the G4 for what it is and enjoy driving it as much as any sports car/motorcycle i have or have owned in the past.
    That's pretty much how I feel too, enjoying the vehicle for what it is. Nice summation.
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by craigq View Post
    That's pretty much how I feel too, enjoying the vehicle for what it is. Nice summation.
    It’s funny over at the Mustang forum a forum member was wanting to get a small car to keep his Mustang as a weekend car etc. I suggested the Mirage and how I bought a G4 and got 6k off of sticker and that it comes with a 10 year warranty and great gas mileage. Most of the responses after my post knocked the Mirage and gave incorrect info on its reliability etc. I just laughed and let them stay in their ignorance. Over their some are pretty biased and can’t fathom anyone wanting a small economical car as a daily driver. Ahh to each their own I suppose.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought a motorcycle for speed and fun + my Mirage. With that combo I have everything I need.

That must have been a fun roundtrip but wouldnt you have been better off to have the new car delivered? Or to sell the old car locally to a private buyer and then take a Greyhound to go pick up the new car?

I personally dont like trade-ins. You lose too much money that way. I feel that even announcing your used car at $1000 less than anybody else will get it sold within 2 days and one would still come out ahead financially than to trade it to the dealer.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I bought a motorcycle for speed and fun + my Mirage. With that combo I have everything I need.

That must have been a fun roundtrip but wouldnt you have been better off to have the new car delivered? Or to sell the old car locally to a private buyer and then take a Greyhound to go pick up the new car?

I personally dont like trade-ins. You lose too much money that way. I feel that even announcing your used car at $1000 less than anybody else will get it sold within 2 days and one would still come out ahead financially than to trade it to the dealer.
    Yea i hate dealers in general and the whole car buying experience. I don't want to hassle with tire kickers and joy riders coming to look at my car. Don't want them coming to my house and don't want to meet at a public place. That whole experience in it's self sucks and when you have a loan on a car etc makes it more complicated. The last car i sold privately a 1996 Nissan 300ZX was a pain in the @ss and took forever. Every place i listed it i would get people offering me was less than i wanted without even looking at it. I already lowered the price to make it a quick sale. People watch these t.v. show's and think that what ever price you ask they can just come in and get it for dirt cheap.

Since Ford is not making 2018's any longer and the supply of 2018's with the exact options i wanted was starting to dwindle. 2018's and 2019's are basically identical except a few colors etc. They just did a refresh on the Mustang in 2018 over the 2015-2017's. I got great cash back from Ford and the dealer knocking about 6k off their price as well and dealers are wanting to get rid of the 2018's off their lot. I only had Friday, Sat and Sun to get this done before having to go back to work so taking a bus would be a miserable experience. It was easier to just drive up there and swap cars and drive back. I already had my financing worked out and set up at my credit union so it was a pretty easy process except the driving up and back.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    I don't want to hassle with tire kickers and joy riders coming to look at my car.
    Yeah...selling a used car is a pain. Selling a used expensive performance car is a nightmare!

I had a 2009 C6 just like yours in torch red. I didn't own it very long. I sold it to hold out for a C6 Z06. Now with the LS7 cylinder head saga going on, I've just stayed on the sidelines deciding what to do. I was a Mustang guy for a long time, but haven't owned one since I sold my Terminator.

At some point I'll have a Z06 or Viper in the garage parked next to my Mirage. That will be a great picture.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Sounds fun. I almost picked up a well used C5 at a great price two years ago. The guy must have been having money issues or something because he was selling it in the middle of winter. My practicality won over and I passed on it. Ah well, another time.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I used to own a viper. 95 rt/10 it was a last 300 with side exhaust car. It was not stock. Very fast with unrelenting torque. I had 345/25/20s on the back and you could easily put them up in smoke.